• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
Galwynn seems bemused by the whole idea. "Fighting a mud elemental with your bare hands, eh? I always knew you fought dirty."

Galwynn looks towards everyone else in the group for a laugh, and when he doesn't get it, he scowls and stomps towards the door.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar sighs. "This lack of imagination is going to get us into trouble. I hope someone has been listening to my good sense. Wait for me, Galwynn. Don't mess with the door." Keldar grabs a coil of rope and, dashing forward, drops it over Galwynn's head. "Will you take the other one, Rapture?" Keldar asks, lifting it up as though to put it over her head too, and peering at her through the middle.
[sblock=Rapture]"A kiss for good luck?" he whispers.[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Keldar]"You didn't get one from Galwynn, and I don't want to make him jealous," Rapture says with a smile.[/sblock]

Rapture grabs the rope "What is this for?"

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Rapture]"Galwynn!" says Keldar, under his breath. "I promise I'll give him a big smooch, if that's what it takes."[/sblock]"Anything we can think of.... Trip line, typing up an earth elemental instead of killing it just to have it reform, escaping the tower when everything goes wrong...."

covaithe

Explorer
"Did anyone think to ask Cassandra how long it takes the reforming elementals to reform?" Tommy asks abruptly. "I got distracted by the mention of burglars and neglected to follow up on that question, and possibly others. If it takes ten minutes, then yes, we need to consider tactics to prevent them reforming. If it takes a day or a week, however, I think we can safely destroy the elementals."

Trouvere

Explorer
"No, I forgot," says Keldar. "She did say she'd see us today, so we can check. Oh, Galwynn... G-a-a-lwynn." He jumps in front of the paladin, places a hand on each side of his head, and plants a big kiss square on his lips. "For luck," he says, and runs for it, wiping a hand over his mouth, and pulling a disgusted face.

EternalSword

First Post
Cassandra picks just this moment to drop by.
I don't want to know what's going on here, do I?

It takes about 8 hours for the elementals to reform once defeated, less if only one of a given element has to reform. It would be virtually impossible to subdue them; elementals cannot be knocked out except by magic, and they can break bonds easily in any event.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Very probably not," says Keldar, laughing from behind the safety of Rapture. "She suggested I do it." He tugs her ponytail. "Anyway... Thank you for that information, Cassie. It seems Galwynn's killer instincts will serve us just fine."

Wik

First Post
A little taken aback, Galwynn glares at Keldar. "Just because I follow Halina, it doesn't mean...." he stammers out. After catching a glance of Rapture, his face just reddens more.

He pauses for a moment, obviously considering punching Keldar in the stomach. Eventually, though, he just walks to a nearby tree, rests his head against it, and begins counting to ten.

"Remain calm, Galwynn. It's just a test that She of the Wicked Humours sent. Remain calm..." He mutters.

Afterwards, he turns around, and instantly sees Keldar. He pauses for a moment, looks up at the sky, and loudly announces "Was it something I said, oh cruel Halina? Why me?"

Remove ads