• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"I... accepted donations from travellers, for the benefit of those who were more in need," says Keldar. "Those days are done. Do not think ill of me."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn scowls. "Just open the door, or I have a donation of my own I've been wanting to solicit."

Galwynn cracks his knuckles.

Trouvere

Explorer
"The greater the man, the greater the courtesy, Galwynn," says Keldar. "I should be delighted. Let us see how Cassandra has spent the night."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn just grumbles and walks back towards Tommy. Patting the mage on the shoulder, he says gruffly "You did good, but be careful in there. If one of those elementals breaks past me and Rapture, don't hesitate to run or hide, okay?" he looks over to the blind priestess, a little confused - as if he's wondering why she would even be in such a dangerous situation. He shrugs, and adds, "You too, Sammy. Maybe you should stay near Tommy?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"It occurs to me," says Keldar slowly, "that if we can defeat the elementals without killing them, then we may not need to worry about them reforming elsewhere in the tower, as Cassandra said could happen. Tommy, you believe they can be knocked out, don't you? And does anyone think they're strong enough to wrestle with an earth elemental? They're only little, after all. Galwynn - don't forget to bring the rope."

OOC: everyone except the fone-failure Finn.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Isn't it though? It would be worthy of a song!" says Keldar. "But it would be a ticklish thing to do. Someone would need to distract it while I moved in. Still, as everything in life, it is a question of shifting the odds in your favour. Are you a gambling man, Galwynn? Would you prefer to risk a little to fight only once, or fight the same creature again and again?"

[sblock=OOC]"distract it"... by which I mean have someone on total defense provoke an AoO to leave Keldar free to move in and establish a grapple without risking one himself. Does that work?[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Er, yes, I think they can be rendered unconscious, for a brief time, during which it might be possible to subdue them non-lethally. Maybe."

ooc: yep, ready for the tower.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Hear that? Trust your wizard and your th-... bard," Keldar says. "Don't get all, er, mudthirsty and go hacking a stunned earth elemental to pieces. Tie it up, hang it from the ceiling, and forget about it. Or gently beat it into submission."

Remove ads