• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Trouvere... there are no words. None. Anyway, I've sent lvl 2 Tommy to the character judges. Pending approval, here's what I plan for Tommy's prepared spells to be.
[sblock=spells prepared]
Spells 4/3
Save DC: 14 + spell lvl
0: Mage Hand, Ray of Frost x2, Detect Magic
1: Color Spray, Grease, Mage Armor
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Level two version is already up. It's been up for a while, actually.

Galwynn, Second Level

Galwynn just snarls at Keldar, and then scratches his head.

"I won't let myself be brought down by your stupidity, thief. I had the greatest dream... Halina herself spoke to me, and gifted me with even more of her blessing.

Strangely enough, she told me that I was not among friends..."

Galwynn's hand strays to his blade, as his eyes narrow. He stares down Rapture and Keldar intently as he slowly draws the sword from it's scabbard, inch by inch. After the blade is four inches from the scabbard, his menacing features turn into a smirk.

"Just kidding.

You are right about one thing, Keldar. We need to be careful in there. I think I should take point. You can take the rear, too - it'll give you a headstart on us when you inevitably decide to run."

Solange

First Post
"If we're worried about traps m'lord, wouldn't it be more advisable for Keldar to go first so he can spot them first?" Rapture inquires, pausing just a moment before she says spot.

covaithe

Explorer
At last, Tommy emerges from his meditations. "Hi, guys. Sorry I took so long, but I woke up this morning and it was suddenly clear to me how a cis-ovoid transmutative field could be manipulated with a reverse Bellarian in the ninth and thirteenth chakras to produce a... er, well, never mind. But I had to write it down."

ooc: level 2 Tommy is approved and posted, see sig for link here.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar yawns. "Like a darting swallow, an undeserved insult does not come to rest," he says. "Galwynn, Galwynn, fascinating story, but that visitation wasn't Halina. It was just me waking you up for your turn at watch. I suppose that does explain why you called me mother, though. If you want to be useful, you can carry my coils of rope. I find them just bulky enough to slow me down, but that won't matter for you." He dismisses Galwynn from his thoughts and turns to the paladin whose company he much prefers. "When we enter the tower, we go in fast and ready for immediate battle. Perhaps Cassandra can tell us if there's an elemental waiting on the other side of the door, and we can surprise it. And if there are traps, Rapture, you'll get to see Keldar's delicate fingers do what they do best. Well, second best."

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
At last, Tommy emerges from his meditations. "Hi, guys. Sorry I took so long, but I woke up this morning and it was suddenly clear to me how a cis-ovoid transmutative field could be manipulated with a reverse Bellarian in the ninth and thirteenth chakras to produce a... er, well, never mind. But I had to write it down."
"You wizards are fond of your fancy talk, but if you need to produce some ovoids from your chakra, there are some dense bushes over that way, Tommy," says Keldar.

covaithe

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"You wizards are fond of your fancy talk, but if you need to produce some ovoids from your chakra, there are some dense bushes over that way, Tommy," says Keldar.

Tommy looks at Keldar for a long minute, then glances at Rapture and back to Keldar. "Chakras are just distinct loci in energy networks. Yes, humans have them, but the energy network in question has more to do with emotion than digestion."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oh, those chakras. My mistake," replies Keldar. "You didn't happen to mention somewhere in that sentence which spells you will cast today, did you? I might need to modify my master plan that Galwynn will ignore completely."

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy sighs. "Unfortunately, I've had trouble coming up with spells I'm capable of casting that would be particularly effective against elementals. After much thought, I've prepared an array of minor offensive cantrips, an illusion of dazzling lights which I hope will render small elementals unconscious, though it will be ineffective against larger ones, a conjuration of grease to produce an area of slippery footing, which I hope will immobilize the earth elementals particularly, and a conjuration of magical armor. I also still have a few charges left in my wand of missiles, and a scroll which allows me to disguise myself as someone else for a while, though I can't see how that could help."

Remove ads