• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solnath

First Post
Trouvere said:
[sblock=EternalSword] Sorry. You're right. But I wasn't intending anyone to actually be fooled. It's just a way to turn up wearing cleric robes for no reason.[/sblock]
"Hello, Sammy," says Keldar in his normal voice, flipping his hood back. "I bought food for two days, as you asked, and three bags of horse feed. They were surprisingly heavy. Here is your change. Eight silver and five copper pieces, I think."

Sammy giggles and remarks, "Where?" before extending her hand and continuing with a smile. "Thanks for the favour. Eh," she hesitates, "Could I bother you enough to help me tie the feed to the saddle? I can of course do it myself, but it's easier with someone assisting."

Solange

First Post
OOC: I'll assume Rapture didn't get her advance then.

Rapture does some wandering around Orussis, which is a very different place from where she is used to. She buys a trail ration from a small shop run by a woman and her son, and smiles as she walks the town. She forces herself to keep her head up, lest old habits creep back in, as they always tend to. She still can't help occasionally looking over her shoulder.

As she gathers her things back at the Inn, she finds that one of her trinkets has gotten loose in her pack. She grabs the loose ring, smiles at it, and rewraps it in a cloth before she puts it back in her pack. No time for memories now, adventure awaits.

Rapture emerges from the Inn and finds the gathering of people. "Sorry to hold you up, I had to make sure I got everything from my room."

She chuckles softly as she sees Keldar dressed as a priest. "Did you find religion in the past hour Keldar?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
She chuckles softly as she sees Keldar dressed as a priest. "Did you find religion in the past hour Keldar?"
"It occurred to me that it might be useful to be seen as one person, and go into action as another," he replies. "A priest and paladin of Halina, travelling together, who would suspect? Or a priest of Grendath, if Galwynn objects," he says, tucking away one holy symbol and exchanging it for another, with a quick glance around. "Sammy has asked me to help her with the horse feed."

OOC - if we want to get a cart, Keldar has the 15 gp and then some. He would prefer not to get a horse for himself.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy comes up, riding carefully and a bit awkwardly on a light horse. He looks around. "Uh, am I the only one riding? I thought we were getting horses?"

He looks Keldar up and down, but doesn't say anything.

edit: ooc: untrained ride. :)

Trouvere

Explorer
"No, Sammy is riding too, Ging... Tommy. But we thought a cart for those of us less confident on a horse. I number myself among them, strange as it may seem. Dolphins, yes, horses, no."

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Captain Observation, that's me...

Tommy finally notices Sammy very obviously standing near another horse. "Oh, I'm sorry, I must be bl--, er, that is, I, uh, was distracted by Keldar's quaint costume. Are the Keldarites an actual religion, then, Keldar? Forgive me, I was under the mistaken impression that they were a figment of your colourful imagination."

ooc: ... and that's for 'u', Sergeant Spelling. ;)

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
ooc: Captain Observation, that's me...

Tommy finally notices Sammy very obviously standing near another horse. "Oh, I'm sorry, I must be bl--, er, that is, I, uh, was distracted by Keldar's quaint costume. Are the Keldarites an actual religion, then, Keldar? Forgive me, I was under the mistaken impression that they were a figment of your colourful imagination."

ooc: ... and that's for 'u', Sergeant Spelling. ;)
"A religion? No, more of a philosophy," says Keldar.

[sblock=OOC] when I start to think about the color/colour transatlantic division, I realise I want to pronounce 'color' as though it were Latin (which it is) and 'colour' as in 'velour', so neither spelling satisfies me.[/sblock]

Remove ads