• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"It occurred to me that it might be useful to be seen as one person, and go into action as another," he replies. "A priest and paladin of Halina, travelling together, who would suspect? Or a priest of Grendath, if Galwynn objects," he says, tucking away one holy symbol and exchanging it for another, with a quick glance around. "Sammy has asked me to help her with the horse feed."

OOC - if we want to get a cart, Keldar has the 15 gp and then some. He would prefer not to get a horse for himself.
"Ahh, yes, and people always feel less betrayed that way as well," Rapture says with a smirk.

OOC: Did tommy buy a saddle too?

"If we all aren't mounted, then it matters naught if only some of us are, as we are only as fast as we are only as fast as our slowest companion m'lord," Rapture says to Tommy.

Solnath

First Post
covaithe said:
ooc: Captain Observation, that's me...

Tommy finally notices Sammy very obviously standing near another horse. "Oh, I'm sorry, I must be bl--, er, that is, I, uh, was distracted by Keldar's quaint costume. Are the Keldarites an actual religion, then, Keldar? Forgive me, I was under the mistaken impression that they were a figment of your colourful imagination."

ooc: ... and that's for 'u', Sergeant Spelling. ;)

Gently applying pressure to her heels and a bit awkwardly steering Bubbles toward Tommy, Sammy smiles and says, "It's alright, mister Worthallingham. I know I'm blind, not paying attention to the fact might prove fatal in the face of danger. But I believe we," she gestures at Bubbles. "Aren't yet acquainted with your equine friend." As she says this, Bubbles nuzzles Tommy's horse's muzzle and Sammy herself leans forward to memorise the steed's scent.

"Now, it looks like we're all here," she adds with a humourous smirk after the strange interaction. "So what do we do next? If everyone does not have a mount, we might as well acquire a cart to make transportation easier."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
JUDGE: I'll be judging this adventure. I'm always watching, so shoot any questions you have my way.

By the by, the Ride skill is only for complicated things, like guiding the mount with your knees or jumping a fence. Just mounted travel requires no Ride check, or any check for that matter.

Solnath

First Post
[sblock=OOC:Rae]Eh? Guiding a horse with your knees is complicated? Does that mean I have RL ranks in Ride?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's DC 5 and I read the full description from my PHB.

And a question, if it's RPed well, is it okay to change alignments by one step?[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
Solnath said:
"Now, it looks like we're all here," she adds with a humourous smirk after the strange interaction. "So what do we do next? If everyone does not have a mount, we might as well acquire a cart to make transportation easier."
"Does seem like a good idea m'lady. I'm thinking I might rather walk, but perhaps the padre here might want to drive the cart?" Rapture says, motioning to Keldar.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]
Solnath said:
Eh? Guiding a horse with your knees is complicated? Does that mean I have RL ranks in Ride?
Not having guided a horse with my knees in meatspace, I wouldn't know. But I imagine guiding with your knees and shooting arrows at a murderous goblin is somewhat challenging.

Regarding the alignment change: Since Samina is in this adventure, it is completely up to EternalSword. If either of you request my opinion, I'll provide it, but I don't want to undermine your DM.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Does seem like a good idea m'lady. I'm thinking I might rather walk, but perhaps the padre here might want to drive the cart?" Rapture says, motioning to Keldar.
"I prefer to keep my hands free," says Keldar, drawing two daggers from beneath his new robes, and turning them about between his fingers. "But a cart is a good idea; it can provide some shelter if need be." He slips the daggers into his sleeves. "And we might need it for hauling back all our loot. Perhaps we can hire one. Get a discount for working for Rilithorne, eh?"

Wik

First Post
[sblock=Riding Horses]As someone who has done it, riding with your knees SUCKS. My horse just sped up (since squeezing means "go faster", and trying to stay in the saddle necessarily requires squeezing). Damn horse jumped three fences before people could stop it. I hate horses, I really do.[/sblock]

Obliviously, Galwynn turns towards the priest. "Eyes on me? The high priests know that? Well, it's true... truth be told, I'd rather she look at someone else for a change."

He scowls, and then leans in conspiratorily. "Between you and me, the lady has something of a sense of humour that is a bit... skewed. She can be rather mean."

Upon Keldar being "Discovered", Galwynn's face goes beat red, and he shakes his head ruefully. "Impersonating a priest, now? I should drive you back into the sea with those sahuagin on wheels you're so fond of!"

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
[sblock=Riding Horses]As someone who has done it, riding with your knees SUCKS. My horse just sped up (since squeezing means "go faster", and trying to stay in the saddle necessarily requires squeezing). Damn horse jumped three fences before people could stop it. I hate horses, I really do.[/sblock]
OOC - now that's a crazy story that's not boring!
Obliviously, Galwynn turns towards the priest. "Eyes on me? The high priests know that? Well, it's true... truth be told, I'd rather she look at someone else for a change."
He scowls, and then leans in conspiratorily. "Between you and me, the lady has something of a sense of humour that is a bit... skewed. She can be rather mean."
Upon Keldar being "Discovered", Galwynn's face goes beat red, and he shakes his head ruefully. "Impersonating a priest, now? I should drive you back into the sea with those sahuagin on wheels you're so fond of!"
"I'm just incognito," he says. "Don't worry, the crisis in your faith will go no further than me."

Wik

First Post
"Crisis of faith? CRISIS OF FAITH!?" Galwynn looks skyward, and points at Keldar accusingly. Still staring at the clouds, he calls out, "This is a test, right? Right? and then stomps a few feet away, grumbling about the whims of deities who take their jokes too far.

Remove ads