• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[November] What are you reading?

Lazybones

Adventurer
Current: Homeward Bound by Harry Turtledove.

Next up: A Gathering Storm by Jordan/Sanderson.

On order at the library: Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie.

For the rest of the month, I have the David Gemmell's Drenai saga. I'd read Legend and one other book in the series but I hadn't realized that there was a whole big collection of books in the setting. Just finished King Beyond the Gate and enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to the rest of them.

coyote6

Adventurer
I'm about to start Killswitch, by Joel Shepherd. The first two books were pretty entertaining, so I'm hoping this one holds up.

I just finished the "Five Fists of Science" graphic novel, which was amusing. Matt Fraction is becoming one of my favorite comic book writers.

Literally just finished (about an hour ago) (re)-reading Fool Moon by Jim Butcher. I'm taking my time going through the series again, so I can have read them all in order prior to the new book coming out in April.

On my docket right now is some Julian May Pliocene Exile, The Many-Coloured Land and The Golden Torc. I don't know that I'll really be able to finish them both before they're due at the library, but I'll make a go at it. After that, I'm going to read Gardner Fox's Thief of Llarn, the sequel to Warrior of Llarn which I read earlier in the year. Then I'm going to read some Simon Green Hawk and Fisher books.

Don't know how much of that I'll really get through this month, but that's what's on the docket, anyway.

Wombat

First Post
Just finished Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters -- not nearly as fresh or fun as Price & Prejudice & Zombies, but acceptable. The advantage of free books, however, is that I don't worry if they are not 100% "the thing". ;)

CCamfield

First Post
I got access to the local uni library again, so I am currently reading "Greek Warfare: Myths and Realities" by Hans van Wees. After reading a book by him way back when, which sort of said "established academia, the way you're looking at Homer is wrong", I'm not surprised he's saying some commonly held beliefs about Greek warfare are wrong too.

babomb

First Post
I just finished <i>The Truth</i> by Terry Pratchett, and now I'm reading <i>Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail Or Succeed</i> by Jared Diamond. Up next is probably <i>Effective C++</i> by Scott Myers.

Remove ads