Now on Kickstarter: Eat the Reich, Vampires vs Nazis

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Any idea on how it plays? I’m very interested.
The description suggest quick and dirty play. It's a d6 dice pool with fists full of dice looking for 4+ for successes. You then spend those successes to do stuff. No real idea beyond their description.
For me it straddles the line between super awesome and in poor taste. But damn, if I can't help but admire their focus.
I'm not sure why you'd think it's in bad taste. Besides robots, WW2-era Nazis are the most killable bad guys in history.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This looks amazing.
If nothing else, this is the single best title for an RPG ever. Nothing else even comes close.
For me it straddles the line between super awesome and in poor taste. But damn, if I can't help but admire their focus.
"Look, I really liked Inglorious Basterds, but I felt like it played it a little too safe. Can we maybe go BIGGER, somehow?"

overgeeked

B/X Known World
If nothing else, this is the single best title for an RPG ever. Nothing else even comes close.
Yeah. It's really a perfect title. Give you everything you need to know right there. The cover image and logo clinches it. Vampires vs Nazis. Bam. Chef's kiss.
"Look, I really liked Inglorious Basterds, but I felt like it played it a little too safe. Can we maybe go BIGGER, somehow?"
There is a lot of vampire vs Nazi media out there. The landscapes widens quite a bit of you expand to include other monsters. Werewolves, zombies, etc. Weird War is a small, niche genre, but there's a fair amount of stuff there. Comics got in on the action with titles like Creature Commandos and Weird War Tales (one I absolutely devoured growing up). Along with a slew of video games and other RPGs. There are other non-supernatural touchstones as well, beside Inglorious Basterds. Legit every commando unit WW2 movies.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Oh My Baleful Orc Gods. Havoc Brigade looks amazing. If Havoc Brigade is the mechanical inspiration for Eat the Reich, EtR will be a wonderfully dark and comedic horror show of gore and dead Nazis.

Remove ads