Now on Kickstarter: Eat the Reich, Vampires vs Nazis

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeah. It's really a perfect title. Give you everything you need to know right there. The cover image and logo clinches it. Vampires vs Nazis. Bam. Chef's kiss.

There is a lot of vampire vs Nazi media out there. The landscapes widens quite a bit of you expand to include other monsters. Werewolves, zombies, etc. Weird War is a small, niche genre, but there's a fair amount of stuff there. Comics got in on the action with titles like Creature Commandos and Weird War Tales (one I absolutely devoured growing up). Along with a slew of video games and other RPGs. There are other non-supernatural touchstones as well, beside Inglorious Basterds. Legit every commando unit WW2 movies.
I wish I could remember the name right now, but a book I’ve loved every time I’ve read it has a bunch of Nazis taking over an old Transylvanian castle, and they wake up “a vampire”, who then starts eating them. There’s also a hero guy who is slowly making his way to the castle to kill the vampire guy. It’s very good. The Nazis are just there to die, which is what they’re best used for.

Eurohobbes

Villager
I wish I could remember the name right now, but a book I’ve loved every time I’ve read it has a bunch of Nazis taking over an old Transylvanian castle, and they wake up “a vampire”, who then starts eating them. There’s also a hero guy who is slowly making his way to the castle to kill the vampire guy. It’s very good. The Nazis are just there to die, which is what they’re best used for.
The Keep?

The Keep (Wilson novel) - Wikipedia

The fact that Howitt is proving that there's a market for games with pre-gen characters and short campaigns (3 sessions) is amazing and, tbh, a revolutionary thing as a game designer. It's been done before, but to prove its still popular, and to do it like this, is truly amazing. I'm looking forward to the new era of game designer him and several others out there (there are many pushing the envelope forward in many ways) are architecting. Hoping to join in it too.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
The fact that Howitt is proving that there's a market for games with pre-gen characters and short campaigns (3 sessions) is amazing and, tbh, a revolutionary thing as a game designer. It's been done before, but to prove its still popular, and to do it like this, is truly amazing. I'm looking forward to the new era of game designer him and several others out there (there are many pushing the envelope forward in many ways) are architecting. Hoping to join in it too.
It’s worth noting that a large group of the backers are actively asking for both character creation rules and extra missions / campaign play.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Aren’t you just describing a starter box?

Remove ads