nWoD/CoC/X-Files - The Shadows - OOC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah, definetly nWoD Jemal. So if Shay, WD and you are interested I could start the game with this group. I think I'll allow one more player if there's interest. I hope Walking Dad is indeed still interested since he didn't answer me anymore :uhoh:.

Character creation rules:
-Basic creation as per WoD rulebook.
-Mundane humans who are working one way or other in law-enforcement. For example: FBI (or CIA, NSA etc) agents, police officers, forensics...
-As of start you are still mostly unaware of the supernatural.

Jemal

Adventurer
I have a few concepts, so I'm going to need to see which would fit best:

What are your suggestions regarding the merits 'Allies', 'Contacts', and 'Status'? Good idea/bad idea/doesn't really matter? (IE A higher-ranking officer/official with many allies and a lot of 'pull' within his organization)
Would a scientist type (CSI/FBI) fit in or be useful at all, or would you suggest refraining from a non-combat character?
How about an ex-criminal who's 'switched sides', and though he has no formal military/police training, has been brought in for his insight and expertise?

*EDIT: Just for the record they're posted in order of my prefered character. :)

Blackrat

All are pretty solid ideas. With scientist I'd suggest to put some skill in firearms too (There will be time when you need to put few rounds to a vampire etc..). Contacts/Allies/Status can work out well, especially since you will be essentially changing department so it's good to have friends in the old place.
I don't really like the ex-criminal idea but it could work too.

Jemal

Adventurer
hmm, actually reading back it looks like Shayuri's idea was an intellectual forensics type, so I think I'll go with my primary idea, the higher-ranked, leiutenant/detective idea.

I'm thinking he's a police detective who's been around the block a few times, works the night shift, knows his business, etc.

So unless anybody else had the same Idea, I think I'll be trying to portray the 'group leader' type of person. Speaking of which, what are everybody elses ideas?

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm still with you. Got the basic book on a free rpgnow action (freerpg or thanksgiving) :D

I'm interested in some kind of "black ops" character. Working with the others, but interested to keep everything a secret.

Blackrat

Reveille said:
I'm in like Flint. Does this mean I need to buy the nWoD book? I could settle for the McWoD or CoC books, I already own both of those.
Neither really works as they use completely different rules system :heh:. MCWoD is darn good product but it assumes basic d20-leveled system whereas basic WoD uses the ST d10 system.

Blackrat

Walking Dad said:
I'm still with you. Got the basic book on a free rpgnow action (freerpg or thanksgiving) :D

I'm interested in some kind of "black ops" character. Working with the others, but interested to keep everything a secret.
Well you are all about to become MiB type soon. He could start as FBI agent who is specialized in covert cases?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Blackrat said:
Neither really works as they use completely different rules system :heh:. MCWoD is darn good product but it assumes basic d20-leveled system whereas basic WoD uses the ST d10 system.
Is the basice nWoD book good enough to play? I could have it in my hands inside of two weeks. If thats too long, than put me in as the first Alt.

Jemal

Adventurer
so btw, blackrat, couple things -
You originally stated that you weren't sure if you'd have time to run this thing, but it seems that may have changed from your recent, apparently enthusiastic responses.

So if you are more certain of doing this than when you first posted, what type of starting window are we looking at? (right away, later this week, next week?)

Remove ads