nWoD/CoC/X-Files - The Shadows - OOC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Reveille said:
Is the basice nWoD book good enough to play? I could have it in my hands inside of two weeks. If thats too long, than put me in as the first Alt.
Yeah, it is enough to play. I personally have almost all the books but you really don't need more than the first Rulebook. The other books give enhanced character options but they are not necessary in any ways.

Blackrat

Jemal said:
so btw, blackrat, couple things -
You originally stated that you weren't sure if you'd have time to run this thing, but it seems that may have changed from your recent, apparently enthusiastic responses.

So if you are more certain of doing this than when you first posted, what type of starting window are we looking at? (right away, later this week, next week?)
Yeah, I think with small enough group I can keep the game running :D . I think maybe next week or then next of that. Depending how fast you get the characters done. I have no hurry.

Jemal

Adventurer
(NOTE: Not trying to rush or push you, just curious as to whether I should begin character creation right away or give it some time. You did post creation guidelines. :) )

Blackrat

Yeah. I could technically start right away. I have already scribbled my notebook full of ideas, plothooks, story-archs and NPC-outlines. So if everyone gets characters done soon, we can start soon, but if you wish for time to go over the details and take some time to do the characters it's okay too ;).

Walking Dad

First Post
Blackrat said:
Yeah, it is enough to play. I personally have almost all the books but you really don't need more than the first Rulebook. The other books give enhanced character options but they are not necessary in any ways.

Is it fine if I take some stuff from the Armory and 13th precinct?

Jemal

Adventurer
hows this look as a first draft, He's a seasoned detective:

Detective Thomas Jericho
Hair: Short, Red Eyes: Brown Ht: 5'11 Wt: 180
Virture: Fortitude Vice: Lust

PHYSICAL(5) MENTAL(4) SOCIAL(3)
Strength : *** Intelligence : ** Presence : **
Dexterity : *** Wits : *** Manipulation : *
Stamina : ** Resolve : ** Composure : ***

Skills:
Mental (4)
Academics *
Computer *
Investigation **(Crime Scenes)

Physical (11)
Athletics **
Brawl **
Drive **
Firearms ***(Revolver)
Larceny *
Stealth *

Social (7)
Empathy *
Intimidation *
Persuasion **
Streetwise *
Subterfuge **(Spotting Lies)

Merits:
Allies 2(Police), Contacts 1, Status 1(Police), Quick Draw 1(Firearms), Resources 2

Health: 7
Willpower: 5
Morality: 7

Size: 5 Speed: 11 Initiative: 6
Defense: 3 Armour: 1/2(Bulletproof)

Attack pools:
Brawl: 5 dice (Bashing)
Magnum: 10 dice (Lethal)

Equipment: Kevlar Vest, .44 Magnum

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee... Anyone else getting a "Mulder/Scully" feel from these so far? I didn't even think of it until now...

Angelina Rosetti
Hair: Brown, short
Eyes: Blue
Ht: 5'6" Wt: 125
Virtue: Compassion
Vice: Pride

PHYSICAL(3) MENTAL(5) SOCIAL(4)
Strength : ** Intelligence : *** Presence : **
Dexterity : ** Wits : ** Manipulation : **
Stamina : ** Resolve : *** Composure : ***

Skills:
Mental (11)
Academics ***
Medicine ***
Investigation **(Autopsy)
Science ***

Physical (4)
Athletics *
Brawl *
Drive *
Stealth *

Social (7)
Empathy **
Persuasion **
Socialize **
Subterfuge *(Spotting Lies)

Merits:
Striking Looks **, Status (Medical) **, Resources **, Iron Stamina *

Health: 7
Willpower: 6
Morality: 7

Size: 5 Speed: 9 Initiative: 4
Defense: 2 Armour: -

Attack pools:
Brawl: 3 dice (Bashing)

Equipment: Pending

Last edited:

Blackrat

Shayuri said:
Hee... Anyone else getting a "Mulder/Scully" feel from these so far? I didn't even think of it until now...
I'm thinking more of Dogget/Scully but yeah. Somehow the fact that I mentioned X-Files in the first post has gotten me to associate the characters there too :). As for the sheets all look good so far. Feel free to nix and fix and change as long as you need to make them the way you like. So far it seems we have a beautifull forensic pathologist, a gruff detective and (secretive special agent?)

Blackrat

I've been going through wikipedia to find an agency of which MiB could be part of in this game and I have found a perfect one. I will not yet spoil what it is, but you will be surpriced ;). Okay there will actually be two MiB's, the ones you will become part of and the other agency that are antagonists. Both are spoken of as MiB by the ignorant but are actually very different groups :lol:.

Remove ads