• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

nWoD/CoC/X-Files - The Shadows - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
well, I've always preferred to let characters develop during game play, but then again backstory & Description do make sense. I'll get right on it.

Walking Dad

First Post
Blackrat said:
Looking good so far. When WD posts his character and everyone confirms that their's ready, I have nothing to keep from starting. You could scribble down a short backstory/description of your characters though ;).
Sorry, I had massive internet problems, but will post the character as soon as I can.

I have Core, Antagonists, Vampire and Nomads, with access to other books through friends.

Work in progress:

Agent Daniel Jacob Smith
Hair: Short, Brown Eyes: Grey Ht: ?'? Wt: ?
Virtue: Fortitude Vice: Wrath

PHYSICAL(5) MENTAL(4) SOCIAL(3)
Strength : ** Intelligence : ** Presence : **
Dexterity : *** Wits : *** Manipulation : *
Stamina : *** Resolve : ** Composure : ***

Skills:
Mental (4)
Academics *
Computer *
Medicine *
Investigation *

Physical (11)
Athletics *
Brawl **
Drive *
Firearms ***
Larceny *
Stealth **
Weaponry *

Social (7)
Empathy *
Intimidation **
Persuasion *
Streetwise *
Subterfuge **

Merits (7):
Status 2(?), Quick Draw 1(Firearms), Resources 1, Fighting Style: Combat Marksmanship 2, Language (German)

Health: 8
Willpower: 5
Morality: 7

Size: 5 Speed: 11 Initiative: 6
Defense: 3 Armour: 1/2(Bulletproof)

He is the son of German immigrants. He gives them some of his "payment" (explaining his low resources rating).

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Jemal said:
well, I've always preferred to let characters develop during game play, but then again backstory & Description do make sense. I'll get right on it.
Don't worry too much about it. I like to let chracters form during play too. Just a paragraph or two on both is perfect ;).

EDIT: But ofcourse. For you to make even somesort of backstory you need to know the setting. I was thinking about NYC, but Basin City has a certain oomph to it too. Decisions, decisions, darn...

Last edited:

Blackrat

Walking Dad said:
Agent Daniel Jacob Smith
[sblock]
Matrix_Agents.jpg
[/sblock]
:confused::eek:

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm ready. But I'm used to the metric system. His height should be 1,86 meters.

Waiting for you to tell me what organisation he is in.

Blackrat

Walking Dad said:
I'm ready. But I'm used to the metric system. His height should be 1,86 meters.

Waiting for you to tell me what organisation he is in.
What would you like? I think FBI would be easiest to incorporate as I'm not american myself and don't know much about those other than what's in wikipedia and tv-series. Some kind of "special" special agent who has license to kill... :]

Shayuri

First Post
If we're operating inside the USA, you'll probably want FBI, or NSA. CIA is, by law, confined to operating largely outside US borders. Domestically, activities that could be construed as 'spying' or clandestine are undertaken largely by the FBI or NSA.

FBI is the federal law enforcement agency...they're basically cops. With a biiiiiiiiig beat. FBI agents operate under less restrictions though as they answer only to Federal law, and they can often get approval for searches, warrants, seizures and so on through streamlined processes. They can also use the infamous 'National Security Letters' when deemed necessary...which the records shows us is pretty often. :)

My understanding of the NSA is fuzzier...and it's kind of a fuzzy agency to begin with. It's mostly signals intelligence and data security though, I think. Not much in the way of James Bond...they officially spend their time listening the entire world's transmissions and trying to sift through them for signs of trouble...and they secure federal data networks. Technically they're not supposed to collect data on Americans...just foreigners and such whether they're in the USA or not...but in reality they've already gotten in hot water over the whole FISA thing, so who knows? And it's hard to beat ECHELON for conspiracy theory fodder. :)

Oh, and the Secret Service has MiB's...these are like...the ARCHETYPE MiB's too. Big guys in tuxes with earpieces and sunglasses, stoically surveying the area and wordlessly administering force in precisely measured chunks to protect their charges or complete their tasks. BUT. The Secret Service has a VERY narrow purview. They're not spies...they're bodyguards. Among other things. What other things? You're not cleared for that. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads