• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nyambe? Anyone

Davelozzi

Explorer
I'm looking forward to checking it out but I haven't seen it in stores yet. I flipped through the free download a while back but I'm waiting until I can sit down with the real deal before diving in.

Last edited:

Werther von G

First Post
I've been poring over it for the past three days. I like it -- still a little concerned about the balance between the new Core Classes and those in the PH, but I'm really into the new setting. It fits nicely into my campaign world, too.

Voneth

First Post
Alan Dean Foster's Journeys of the Catechist (Carnivores of Light and Darkness, Book 1, Into the Thinking Kingdoms, Book 2, A Triumph of Souls , Book 3) is great insipiration for this setting.:D

Last edited:

Tzarevitch

First Post
jhilahd said:
Any checked this out yet?

Is it any good, have maybe so long campaign appeal to it?

Thanks!

-Jhilahd

PS: it's from www.atlas-games.com

I had seen some of the stuff back when it was just the author's campaign website, before atlas games came to him about publishing it. It was good back then and the copy I saw in my local gaming store looked even better. I probably will actually buy it withing the month.

Tzarevitch

CWD

First Post
I wrote the variant classes to be a little more powerful than the PHB classes, but I think they are balanced within the setting. That is, if you include things like limited resurrection magic, expensive protective items, costly material components for spells that provide AC bonuses, etc. I think if you used them in a regular D&D campaign setting, they might be a little too powerful, especially the classes that could potentially wear heavy armor like the Gamba and the N'anga.

Voneth

First Post
jhilahd said:
Thanks for the inspirational material, Voneth!

I'll check 'em out!

-Jhilahd

Thanks!

In digging up names of the book of the series, I found out one of Alan's favorite he wrote was the "Into the Out Of" Even though it is set in contemporary times, the book is another to add to your Nyambe list.

Olive

Explorer
CWD said:
I wrote the variant classes to be a little more powerful than the PHB classes, but I think they are balanced within the setting. That is, if you include things like limited resurrection magic, expensive protective items, costly material components for spells that provide AC bonuses, etc. I think if you used them in a regular D&D campaign setting, they might be a little too powerful, especially the classes that could potentially wear heavy armor like the Gamba and the N'anga.

i haven't got the book yet, but it seems like the sort of thing i could well buy. but have you considered putting out a web enhancement for the classes in order to make them more in line with a DnD game? ie if my elves go to a african part of the campaign world in order to find a lost relic, and i want to include some of your new core classes as potential enemies or whatever, how do i make sure its balanced?

Remove ads