O. M. Effin' G! [Angel, 4/28, spoilers spoilers spoilers]

Vocenoctum

First Post
Wrath of the Swarm said:
I agree. It does ring false.

Have you considered the possibility that it *is* false?

The episode ended before the conflict was truly resolved. We don't know how Angel handled things. It will be interesting to see if any further information is gained in next week's episode. I have a feeling the demons will end up less than satisfied.

Well, that's what I mean by ringing false. I doubt Angel really did decide to be a great bad guy. The facade just doesn't work for me.
And, Angel, while I like the series, has a tendency to not reference things right away. Notice that we haven't seen Lindsey?
So, next week we'll probably not see anything at all about the kid.

ConnorSB

First Post
Wow... Just wow.

I'm wondering if this is going to end up being one of those series where everything goes wrong, and evil wins all?

W/ three episodes left, I dont know how Joss is gonna pull of any sort of "we saved the world" kinda thing.

Whoa. Just whoa.

Bill Scott

First Post
What I don't like about this episode is that they had to neuter Illyria(spl).

RangerWickett said:
I wish we had two more seasons of this show. Then again, I guess it'll save me from having to pay for cable once I graduate. *weak grin*

I would'nt give up on Angel yet. JW might pull a Buffy and move the show to different channel, most likely UPN. It's doubtful but we can hope

I'm definitely in the "it was false" camp. Angel's ambition is to learn what the Senior Partners are up to, and to stop them. Can't do that if he's on the outside, can he?

What worries me is...

Possible MAJOR spoilers for upcoming shows, if true:

...these rumors that the series is going to end on the cliffhanger that won't be resolved until a TV movie due out some time late this year. I'd hate it if that were true. I'm not a fan of season-ending cliff-hangers to begin with. To do it in the last episode of a series, even if there's a TV movie follow-up, would irritate the crap out of me.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Okay, the ending...my take. Angel now knows that he has to step forward and defeat the Wolf, Ram, and Hart. Team Angel has been worrying the little stuff, now Angel knows he has to focus on the bigger evils, then work on the little things, like Smuff Fred was telling him. I think everyone is seeing the bigger picture now.

Wes, the mad librarian was interesting. Will Wes and Smuff Fred become lovers?

wonderful show.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
One totally out-of-left-field theory: Angel and Wes figured out how to tap into Illyria's time-travel abilities. At this point, he's willing to do whatever he's gotta do to get at the senior partners, knowing that the final step in the process is going to be stepping out of the time stream and going back to the moment before he gives the baby over to the Fell Brothers--only when he reappears in the time stream this time, he'll not hand the baby over, but instead will use his UberGuffin to destroy W&H.

Great episode!

Daniel

Jeremy

Explorer
If you haven't watched the show, you shouldn't be here.

That said, watching Smurfred ice Team Angel rather efficiently was one of those jaw dropping moments that I turned to my wife and said, "Well ya don't see that every episode."

My wife who is catching up Buffy/Angel via DVD's responded in turn, "What's that?"

And I got to repeat what I've told her many times of many different episodes and questions. "You'll see. It's complicated."

So, Angel's ambition is to thwart WRH and he is now not going to let morals, feelings, or any other master save that driving ambition guide him. Or so we are led to believe. But unless Joss is going to try to tell us the ends justify the means, we are running a little low on time to set a bold new direction, crash, burn, and recover...

Of course, Angel's always been a slightly darker show, maybe the bold new direction comes with a bold statement of when The Apocalypse (as opposed to 'an apocalypse) is on the line, the ends do justify the means? :)

LeaderDesslok

First Post
My only problem with this episode was the ease with which they stopped Ilyria.

Wes: "We need to siphon off Ilyria's Demon God Powers from Before Time or she'll destroy the continent. I'll just pull out this anime-looking super gun I conveniently have in this case over here........

Remove ads