Obi-Andy's Pathfinder Chronicles: Chapter 1 - Burnt Offerings

TRD

First Post
The halfling barely notices the festivities as she pockets some of the bounty provided, handing a drumstick to the beast sitting at her feet.

The cheers and conversation of the surrounding villagers and those at her table washed over the childlike figure.

Food. Water. Shelter.

Fear and painful death to all goblinkind.

This was all she knew now.

ObiAndy

First Post
Just after noon, the cathedral bell strikes again, as Father Zantus leads a small procession of his acolytes out into the square.

Everyone quiets down again, as Father Zantus mounts the small podium once again to recount a short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child who she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid. As he finishes his speech, his acolytes pull back the wagon's cover, letting loose what appears to be a thousand children of Desna, a whirling, fluttering, swarming wave of Swallowtail butterflies.

An almighty cheer rises up amongst the crowd, as young children immediately dart and scurry off after the butterflies. As you watch the joyful scene, you notice that no matter how close the children come to catching the butterflies, they never quite manage.
Despite the entire morning having already seemingly been spent in lazy consumption, the best was yet to come. As the butterfly wagon is rolled out of the square, a small flurry of activity takes place, as all of the town's taverns set out their massive spreads of food, ALL FREE!

Roast chickens, lobster chowder, an entire roasted venison, and the most amazing curry-spiced salmon (from Ameiko Kaijitsu). It is amazing stuff.

As the sun begins to set, the cathedral bell tolls once again across the town. Everyone then seems to be heading towards the Cathedral. At the square near the church, a large crowd has gathered. Father Zantus, looking tired, but with a massive grin on his face, steps once again up to the podium. He retrieves a small stone from inside his robes. Children are still running around the stalls, getting tangled up in adults legs, high to the eyeballs on sugared apples and dried cherries. Occasionally you come across folk slumped or slouching, already in blissful states of inebriation.

Father Zantus raises his hand, holding the stone aloft, and then throws it at his feet.

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium.

He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air.

A few moments later another scream rises, and then another. Beyond them a sudden surge of strange voices rises - high pitched, tittering shrieks and sounds not quite human.

The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbed glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses to the ground. The little thing is upon it, seeming to hack and slash with abandon, and then a few seconds later it is up, holding the dog's head in its tiny hands like a trophy. A goblin!

The little monster takes the dog's head by one ear, spins it round and round, before loosing it at Father Zantus. It hits the podium with a dull crunch, spraying tendrils of blood up the fine robes of the shocked priest.

As blood drips from the podium, and the little goblin darts from view amidst the confusion of running people, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.
[sblock=For those who speak Goblin]
"Goblins chew and goblins bite.
"Goblins cut and goblins fight.
"Stab the dog and cut the horse,
"Goblins eat and take by force!

"Goblins race and goblins jump.
"Goblins slash and goblins bump.
"Burn the skin and mash the head,
"Goblins here and you be dead!

"Chase the baby, catch the pup.
"Bonk the head to shut it up.
"Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
"We be goblins! You be food!"
[/sblock]

OOC: this is where I need you guys to roll initiative!!

Dekana

Explorer
Cecilia, HP: 8, AC: 13, Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +3

Cecilia eyes the halfling at the table suspiciously, then she pulls herself from the table, grabbing her quarterstaff as she stands. Her face contorts into an expression of rage as the dog's head goes flying. The brawler runs straight toward the mongrel, aiming to give it a crack over the head!

Initiative (1d20 2=4)
Move action: move toward goblin.
Standard action: Attack (1d20 4=15), Damage (1d6 6=10)
If she isn't in range of a melee attack, she will double move.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Maximillian

The Chelexian sampled the wine and the finer dishes, finding them acceptable and some of them quite good. He chatted amiably, if not warmly, about local affairs, though his eyes focused on the Sheriff as if he had pressing business with the man.

~~

Seeing all chaos break loose, Maximillian ducked behind a table for cover trying to sense out the situation.

OOC: Init: 11

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Redbeard curses and drops the half of chicken he was munching on. He and Ralph move off toward the source of the strange song.

[sblock=ooc]Init: 2[/sblock]

TRD

First Post
Goblins!

The panic of the villagers bringing buried memories to the surface, a scream of rage erupts from the dirty halfling.

Lali grabs what seems to be a long branch off the ground before jumping on her mangy beast and charging through the crowd.

Ducking under the arm of a father shepherding his children away and narrowly missing a rotund baker she guides Amrak through the panic-striken crowd towards the source of the vile song.

As halfling and hound bound away you hear her high pitched battle scream, "Graka-ghogul izak a!!"

[sblock=For those that speak Goblin]
Quiet-slicer comes for you!!!
[/sblock]

Initiative = 1d20 4=14

Action = Picking up lance and mounting Amrak before heading in the direction of the song.

Last edited:

ObiAndy

First Post
The battle begins!

As the screaming townspeople run in all directions, they clear enough for you all to see 3 goblins standing near the podium, grinning and cackling with glee.

Goblin Init=8

[sblock]
Attached is the initial battlemap (thanks and kudos to whoever made it. I don't remember when and where I got them). I will post the one with everyones actions for round 1 soon.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Goblin_Battle_player_map_1.1.JPG
    Goblin_Battle_player_map_1.1.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 134

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Redbeard, startled by the noise, moves off towards the goblins. "Go Ralph, be bitin' into thar smelly goblin flesh!"

[sblock=ooc]Init: 2(as above post). I'm not sure where we are at in relation to goblins but I assume close enough to reach them. I'll have Ralph attack the nearest one, and I'll follow him in(though I don't want to be in melee). If I am have a move action left, I'll draw my longspear. Handle animal to have Ralph attack nearest goblin(DC 10): Handle animal: 15 Ralph attacks for 13 and damage is 9 [/sblock]

Remove ads