[October]What are you reading?

Dwimmerlied

First Post
I didn't bother reading non-fiction for a very long time (years)because I wasn't satisfied with anything. For the last year tho, I've started again. I was intrigued about gaming roots and have read Conan, Fafhrd etc and just now have finished Elric (Sailor on the Sea's of Fate); all pretty cringeworthy to be honest, but nice as some sort of mental exercise (trying to identify common threads, themes and commentary blah blah).

Some of the Elric concepts are pretty cool, but god, I found the "conflicted soul" stuff a bit hard to bare at times!

I'm also reading Future Eaters by Tim Flannery. Science captures the imagination :D

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I do not get Elric. Sure the concept of an anti-Conan sounds interesting, but writting and the plots are so lame...

delericho

Legend
I do not get Elric. Sure the concept of an anti-Conan sounds interesting, but writting and the plots are so lame...

Which bits of Elric are you reading? I ask, because Moorcock actually wrote the end of the story first, and then went back and wrote a whole bunch of prequels.

I've read those first two anthologies, "Stormbringer" and "Stealer of Souls" - the two cited in Appendix N, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I avoided the prequels, both because I'd heard bad things about them, and also because, well, prequels suck.

Remove ads