[October] What are you watching?

sckeener

First Post
Lets see

BSG, various documentaries on Rome and Egypt, Doctor Who, Daily Show, Nova, Frontline, Wide Angle, catching up on Shameless.

I was watching Stargate (& Atlantis)...but it looks like I'll have to wait a bit for the next episode.

I watched the pilot of Eurka, but I haven't watched any of the rest. I've got them though on my Tivo waiting for me.

I'm interested in Lost (haven't seen any) and a friend wants me to watch La Femme Nikita which I haven't seen either.

Huw

First Post
The Whiner Knight said:
The Complete First Series of Doctor Who on DVD. That is, with Eccleston & Piper (much as I would love to have a complete season of the Classic Series :( ).

I've just got The Beginning boxed set, with William Hartnell. Original Daleks (albeit in black and white) and atrocious fashions. Still good stuff.

The Whiner Knight said:
Also, the Second Season which is airing on SciFi. Not so sure I liked The Christmas Invasion, but what do I care? It's Doctor Who!!

Best in the second season, are, IMHO, The Girl in the Fireplace and The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit.

I'm also watching Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 3 with my son.

Enforcer

Explorer
Scrubs re-runs and the Daily Show on Comedy Central, Studio 60 and Heroes on NBC, Stargate on Sci-Fi, and whenever milady is present, something on E!, Food Network, or involving interior design.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Watched the first half of With Fire and Sword. The translation in the subtitles might be a bit slack as some of it seems a bit confusing. The old school knight/cavelier is especially fun as he has taken a vow of chastity until he can, like his ancestor, cut off three heads of his enemies with one swing of his sword. I'm guessing he'll get his chance before the end of the movie and I look forward to how the special effects are accomplished. :)

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Currently on the TiVo:
Heroes
The Batman
Legion of Superheroes
Smallville
Supernatural
Eureka
Jericho
Medium

Currently working my way through Veronica Mars Season Two; seen the first three discs.

Justin

Explorer
I don't watch TV, but I do on rare occasions rent DVDs to watch on my computer. Last night I watched two.

South Park: The Hits, Vol. 1. Wow, this show is even more whacked than I remember (I stopped watching TV in May 2001). I think the Paris Hilton episode scarred me for life! :\ :confused: :eek:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Ok, so the physics of this movie make The Matrix Revolutions look...acceptible. That aside, the graphics were absolutely stunning! IMHO, this is how a D&D movie should be made. Also, I've never played any FF games so I'm sure there was a lot I was unable to appreciate about the movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless. Anyone know where to get sunglasses like the bald guy had? :D

Oh, and I've now watched three of the four seasons on DVD of Red vs. Blue. I stumbled upon m a c h i n i m a . c o m by accident and downloaded all of seasons 1 and 2, and after watching them I ordered all four DVDs. I have only two words to describe RvB:

PURE. BRILLIANCE.

Caboose: No! No, wait! Go back! Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

Tucker: Hollywood doesn't understand the apocalypse. They think that if just one thing from everyday life goes away, that changes everything. Like in Road Warrior, it was gas, and in Waterworld, it was land.
Simmons: What went away in The Matrix?
Tucker: Sunlight.
Grif: I thought the missing element was "plot".
Tucker: I'm talking about Matrix 1.
Simmons: Oh, right.

Sarge: [Lopez is singing - badly] What in Betty's bloomers is on the radio NOW? It sounds like the feral cry of a retarded Mexican Sasquatch!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

JEL

First Post
Heroes
Jericho
Welcome to the NHK
Space Battleship Yamato
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (third time through)
School Rumble 2nd Term

I'll probably be following some of the new anime titles for this season as well as looking forward to Torchwood.

Darthjaye

First Post
BSG, Heroes, Jericho, The Unit, Smallville, Supernatural, Lost, Venture Brothers, Fantastic Four (the new cartoon), Bones, MLB (Tigers games), NFL, Veronica Mars (attempting to fit it in via DVR), and Dr Who

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Mark CMG said:
Watched the first half of With Fire and Sword. The translation in the subtitles might be a bit slack as some of it seems a bit confusing. The old school knight/cavelier is especially fun as he has taken a vow of chastity until he can, like his ancestor, cut off three heads of his enemies with one swing of his sword. I'm guessing he'll get his chance before the end of the movie and I look forward to how the special effects are accomplished. :)

Heh. Cheesy slow-mo but worth the wait. :)

Skimmed through the remake of Reefer Madness (The Movie Musical from 2005) just to keep an eye on whatever rising-star Kristen Bell is up to lately. (There are times she reminds me of Jennifer Jason Leigh, in a good way, of course.)

Next on the chopping block this week are Pride & Prejudice (2005) and two episodes of Horatio Hornblower, specifically Hornblower: Mutiny (2001) (TV) and Hornblower: Retribution (2001) (TV).

ssampier

First Post
I am so out of the loop. I just recently watched the Battlestar Galactica mini-series via Blockbuster online. Stunning.

At the moment, I am listening/sorta-watching an episode of Law and Order: SVU.

sckeener said:
Lets see

BSG, various documentaries on Rome and Egypt, Doctor Who, Daily Show, Nova, Frontline, Wide Angle, catching up on Shameless.

I thought I was the only one who loves these things. My name is ssampier, I am a History Channel-holic. One more special on tombs, I promise, then I'll stop!

Remove ads