• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oddball animated skeletons -- any suggestions?

Kafkonia

First Post
An animated medical skeleton created using animate object rather than animate dead. I'm planning on springing this upon any players who get too complacent with their turning abilities... :)

Olly

First Post
A skeleton is balanced on an overhanging treebranch, with a noose around its neck, the other end tied to the branch. It shouts, "Don't come any closer, or I'll do it! I swear I'll jump! And then you'll all wish you'd been nicer to me!"

JC Denton

First Post
I like the suicidal skeleton post.

How about the Paris Hilton skeleton? Has to make a will save or be distracted whenever it ses something shiny :D

Yogah of Yag

First Post
A skeleton that has a cellphone and asks "Can ya hear me now?!"

A celebutante skeleton that is now enemies with another skeleton named Paris. ;)

A skeleton that always sings horribly off-key and is viciously criticised by another skeleton wearing an overly-tight, black baby-tee.

robjh

First Post
The first volume of "100 Quirky Animated Skeletons" has been uploaded to the Yahoo group listed in my signature in the first message of this thread. (Sorry but you'll need to join the group to get access; I put it there for the free storage :) ) Hopefully somebody else will put together another list like this. Thanks!

Gothenem

Explorer
A Skeleton, Skin Kite (Libris Mortis), and Raiment which were once all the same body and are now following each other around.

As a note, I created an epic spell that animated one corpse into something like 7 undead. I believe I had a Skeleton, Skin Kite, Brain-in-a-jar, Bloodmote Swarm, Raiment, Spectre, and I even had the muscles animated (again, something from Libris Mortis).

Corbert

Explorer
Gothenem said:
A Skeleton, Skin Kite (Libris Mortis), and Raiment which were once all the same body and are now following each other around.

As a note, I created an epic spell that animated one corpse into something like 7 undead. I believe I had a Skeleton, Skin Kite, Brain-in-a-jar, Bloodmote Swarm, Raiment, Spectre, and I even had the muscles animated (again, something from Libris Mortis).

Any chance of you posting that spell :D

Jear77

Explorer
From "Terrors from above" there's a creature called the Cloud of bones (which can start off as a normal skeleton)

How about a skeleton cobbled together from other types of animals, or perhaps a skeleton which collects bones of its defeated enemies to improve its own power

A skeleton choir/ performing troupe/ circus / orchestra (I had the latter happen to me in a game)

A runescribed skeleton which has the abilities to cast spells based off of the runes on its body

A skeleton which if attacked, falls apart after X damamge, only to get up and attack again, good as new (the magic holding it together either isn't that good or is like that on purpose allowing it to surprize characters)

A skeleton maid/ manservant

A skeleton of X class
...rogue (breaks in and steals things)
...fighter seeks to improve its fighting skills
...cleric wishes to serve his/her god in undeath (or perhaps doesn't realize s/he is undead)
...bard who wishes to sing/ play for adventurers
...barbarian who wishes to get back to his people
...wizard/ sorcerer who casts spells
...monk who finds undeath to be to his advantage
and so on

A skeleton who looks like Skeletor from He Man :D

A skeleton which insists on acting gentlemanly-- i.e. opens doors for women, pulls out chairs, takes off hat and bows, gets insulted if it's pointed out he's undead and challenges said person to a duel, challenges to a duel those who mistreat/ misspeak of women

A skeleton who has impecible taste in foods and wine... even though it doesnt' have anything to digest its food with.

A Skeleton in a suit of armor

A skeleton bartender who actually knows what he's doing!

A skeleton who murders people so that it can have skin (ala phantom of the opera)

A skeleton which thinks it's a good lover (there's a problem with that... though it may have been in life)

A skeleton of a dangerous monster i.e. orc/ orgre/ beholder (if they actually *have* skeletal structures)

Remove ads