Of Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

Zerth

First Post
Tiana strolls around the market stopping by at almost every merchant to see, what they are selling. She really doesn't intend to buy anything, but cannot resist some grilled meat and fruit after eating ship-food for the last three weeks.

Time passes fast, too fast it seems, and soon it is time to go to Obar's. Having asked around about Obar from various merchants, finding his shop, Obar's Outfitters, is no problem for her and Tholon.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
"Thank you Crilly, can i get some cheese and bread this morning? I think Undinar wants some fruit by the way he is drooling over it." Erik says smiling back at Crilly.

Jarval

Explorer
"In truth, I'm not even sure about the bones anymore." Mourn says absently to the fishmonger as he passes over payment for Thorik's treat. He gives the fish to his familiar, and the weasel delightedly drags it into one of the pockets on Mourn's robe.

"I beg your pardon, Doran. I am still unused to having a guard, and I am certain I don't make your job any easier." Mourn apologises as he walks away from the fish stall. "As for what, just keep an eye open for any elves. Other than myself, of course." He needlessly clarifies with a slight smile.

Mourn quickly reads over the message, then passes it to Doran.

"Hah, it seems as if we may be moving forwards at last! Right, to the good Obar's store." He marches out of the boarding house, leaving Doran in his wake.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ah excellent. I just love all the delicious fruit that you can find here, truely marvelous. The succulent fish and seafood available in the seas nearby also offer such a nice change of pace. So different from the fare in the Inner Sea. Thank you Crilly once again for your wonderful fare." Once finished with his breakfast, Undinar contemplates the note received from Obar. Today it is, I hope that with these additional recruits Obar has found, we will be able to find that spring. To return to my father as a prince should, bearing gifts, ah it would be a dream come true. "Well we have some time before we need to visit Obar, anything you would like to do in the city before leaving, Erik?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Undinar looks at his companion, knowing exactly what he means. "Well lets head back upstairs then and I'll help you put it on. I've already got mine on." He says, carefully patting his tight sharkskin leathers under his cloak.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
"They look at me strange in my armor i can do with out it until we leave town, Im really just itching to get outa here and see some action." As he says this Erik reaches down and pats his sword scabbard.

Erekose13

Explorer
"A game of dice perhaps then, to pass the time? As long as we have plenty of fruit to snack on I'm content to stay here till our meeting then." Undinar says amused at his friends reaction as he is certain that it is he whom the crowds look at strangely. Whatever they decide to do for the next few hours, Undinar will wait in the Rainbow Bird until it is time to go and meet Obar.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Eventually the appointed hour arrives and all end up at Obar's Outfitters, a large store with attached stables. It holds all manner of things needed for a jungle expedition, rope, waterskins, maps, trade goods (iron blades and arrowheads, metal beads and the like), insect repellent, healing salves, poison-testing kits, guides to poisonous flora and fauna, netting, machettes, and a myriad of other things. Obar himself is a large, broad Chultan man, with the fat of good living overlaying old calluses and scars.*

*Dressed in flowing robes of red, orange, and yellow stripes, Obar takes Undinar aside and introduces him to the others.*

"Mourn Caladrua and familiar Thorik, a wizard of excellent skill," he says, waving to a bronze-skinned, copper-haired, green-eyed sun elf with a weasel poking his head out of a pocket of his robes. A golden circlet rests on his head, and three ioun stones of differing colors orbit constantly.

"His bodyguard Doran Kalduras," he says next, waving to a dark-haired man wearing extremely fashionable clothes and a great deal of tasteful jewelry. He bears two peace-bonded short-swords and an air of watchfulness.

"My man Ugal found me these other two and vouches for their skill and dedication. Tiana DeWine, fighter of a deft touch, and Tholon Hazevo, priest of Selune." Tiana is a lovely young human woman wearing black and white silk, with a red headband and bracers of the same crimson hue. Tholon is a fine-featured bearded human man, with a scared and bald head. He bears the symbol of Selune on a medallion around his neck, and a fine blue-green circlet around his head.

"For you others, this is Erik Von Horne, fighter of exceptional skill," Obar says, gesturing to a sturdily-built human man with his black hair in a neat ponytail. He bears a peace-bonded longsword that shows extraordinary care, wears well-made clothes, and has a necklace of amber beads.

"And finally your employer, Undinar Deptholas," Obar says, turning to to the last man in the room. With deep green skin with a faint covering of fine, blue-green scales, wet kelp-like hair, and a hint of webbing, the water genasi nature of this young man is obvious. He bears some kind of pole-arm in a specially-made sheath, though you aren't sure what kind. He also wears some kind of leather armor, smooth and gray, decorated with shark's teeth.

"If you want to fill them in about the nature of this expedition, I'll finish organizing the lists of supplies for the journey," Obar says, going behind the counter and opening a ledger.

Remove ads