Of Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

Erekose13

Explorer
Prince Undinar Deptholas

*As soon as Obar has introduced the newcomers, Undinar steps forward a little, "Welcome lady, gentlemen. Thank you all for coming such a long way for this meeting. Before I get to the details of our quest, I thought I would fill you in a bit more on who I am.

As introduced, my name is Prince Undinar Deptholas. Undinar is fine among friends. As many of you have probably noticed, I am a water genasi. I have traced my line back to my grandfather, a marid, by the name of King Madripos. I have travelled far across this world and others to find more information about my family. It lead me a few years ago to my grandfather's palace in the Plane of Water.

It is he who has given me this quest, the quest upon which we all shall embark. I seek a sacred spring somewhere in the dense jungle of Chult. The spring is sacred to Umbatoa and is said to lie at the heart of the jungle.

Once again I thank you all for coming, I am sure this will be a grand adventure. Now I would like to ask you each to introduce yourselves and talk a little of your exploits please."

*As Undinar finishes his speech he turns to look at each of those assembled. He is sincerely interested in what they have to say and pay careful attention to point about what skills they each bring to the table.*

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Once again I thank you all for coming, I am sure this will be a grand adventure. Now I would like to ask you each to introduce yourselves and talk a little of your exploits please."[/color]

*Tiana bows elegantly.*

"Thank you for the chance to be a part of this. I'm glad there's another among us, who has a soft spot for great adventures," Tiana says with a grin.

"I can take care of myself and then some, gentlemen. I know some moves with whip and blade, that will aid us if needed. Having traveled a lot, I'm not also completely foreign to hazards of outdoor life even if that part isn't really my best expertise."

Last edited:

Wynter Wolf

First Post
*With a smile.* "My name is Erik Von Horne, you can just call me Erik. I was a Seargent in the Dagger Dale militia until i had a run in with a Zhent Mage." *At this Erik stares off for a moment and then looks at Mourn.* "Sorry just thinking of the past, I am a decent swordsman i guess and i can repair weapons pretty well" He pauses a moment and then pats his sword. "And this is Razor Sentinel"

flyingricepaddy

First Post
*Tholon rubs a hand over his bald head, the gesture looking almost bashful.*

"As Obar has mentioned, I am Tholon, devoted of Selune. I hail from the distant North, and have travelled the better part of the width and breadth of Faerun, although this is my first visit to this land. For myself, I can profess no great strength of arms, nor arcane might, but only the many blessings bestowed upon me by Our Lady of Silver."

Jarval

Explorer
"I am Mourn Calaudra." *Mourn says, smiling at Obar's introduction.*

"As our good host says, I am a wizard, with my preferred form being Conjuration. I originally hail from Evermeet, but I am currently engaged in research into some formulaic aspects the school of Conjuration, which has lead me here in hopes of utilising the expertise of Mezro's mages. I also consider myself a fair hand with the bow and sword, although I doubt I have a level of expertise to match the skills held by some in this room."

*Reaching into his pocket, he lifts Thorik from his seat.* "This is Thorik, my familiar. Do not be concerned by his appearance, he is in the prime of health, I assure you." *The nearly transparent weasel squeaks at the assembled company, seeming to greet them.*

"So, Prince Undinar, your family hails from the Plane of Water? If on completion of this quest you are to return to your grandfather's palace, I would be greatly intrigued to accompany you, should you and your kin find such a visit acceptable. I have a great curiosity when it comes to the Inner Planes, and the opportunity of perhaps talking with some of the beings native to your plane of origin is one not to be missed."

Douane

First Post
An adventurer!

I knew there was something fishy about Mourn!

My friend, there is going to be some re-negotiation of our contract.

*He eyes the other 'adventurers' speculatively, trying to take their measure.*

"Oh, me? I'm Doran. I kill people and sometimes I even take their stuff.

But seriously, like the man said, I'm a protector, not an adventurer. And while I am rather good at fighting, I prefer if I don't have to fight at all."

*After a small pause (for effect), he adds with an exaggerated wink in Tiana's direction.*

"Of course, there are things I'm even better at."

Erekose13

Explorer
Undinar watches each of the group as they introduce themselves, "Welcome all. Tiana, Doran, Erik and I all seem to have the same focus, best with a weapon in hand, excellent. Tholon we are greatful to have a disciple of the Silver Lady with us, I know that your skills will come in very handy in the deep jungle. Mourn an arcanist is always a good addition to any such venture. I travelled with another individual for a time who had great interest in otherly realms. My grandfather is not the most welcoming sort, but I am sure that he will grant an audience to those who help me on this quest.

Well lets see what information Obar has found about our destination. I think he should about have everything ready."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Obar looks up from his writing and picks up a list, strolling out from behind the counter. He makes a gesture for you to follow him.*

"I have your supplies out here, my apprentices are getting them loaded. Here's your list..." he says as he walks.

The List
~Trail rations for eight for two months
~Four hundred-weight of trade goods
~~~~50 knives
~~~~500 iron arrowheads
~~~~20 butterfly swords
~~~~50 iron spearheads
~~~~2000 each of gold, silver, and copper beads
~10 machetes
~300 ft hemp rope
~40 vials of antitoxin
~5 books on the flora, fauna, trails, tribes, and watering holes of the Chultan jungle
~2 poison-testing kits
~20 vials of antivenom
~30 tins of insect repellent
~2 bolts of insect netting
~20 healing potions
~8 waterskins
~20 sacks
~5 tents
~8 raincapes
~60 blocks of insect repellent incense
~1 snake basket

*As you head outside, you see a small moutain of stuff being loaded on to some most peculiar packbeasts. Those who have been in Chult long have seen them a time or two, a massive four-legged lizard-like beast with a club-like tail and protruding spines on its back. Despite their fiercesome appearance, they are relatively gentle herbivores far more suited to this hot and humid climate than horses or other beasts of burden would be.*

*Their spines form a peculiar "basket" that their handlers take advantage of when loading supplies onto them, tying them down with green leather straps. Each beast, known as an ankylorsarus or "ankly," has a massive silver cuff around its right front foot, impressed with some kind of markings. There are three of the beasts.*

"Jalaro!" Obar calls, waving one person away from their packing. Jalaro is a middle-aged woman of Chultan decent, dressed in what appears to be wrapped snakeskin armor. What is somewhat peculiar is the fact that her skin seems to be made of small, flat brown-green scales. Her eyes are dark green and slitted. She carries two slim curved swords in sheaths on her back, and her head is wrapped in dark blue cloth.*

"This is your guide, Jalaro. She grew up in the jungles as a member of the Snake clan and knows these trails like few I've ever met. You'll be well off in her hands. As soon as they're finished loading, you can be on your way," Obar says, patting Jalaro on the shoulder. She flashes you a bright smile, her teeth painfully white in her dark face.

"I am pleased to meet you. I have been wanting to go on a long journey again," she says happily.

Erekose13

Explorer
"And I am please to meet you Jalaro. I am Undinar, it is I who is funding this expedition. I am glad to know that we are in good hands. I understand that gifts are a tradition among your people, in the spirit of a fruitful journey as well as a proper begining I would like to give you a little something." Undinar says, reaching into his pack.

*He draws out a small crystal vial. It is a clear vial with a strong red liquid flowing around inside, stoppered with a tight cork. He hands her the potion of heroism that he had received from his adoptive family back in the Inner Sea. "Please accept this small gift, I appologize that it is not something more grand. If it is not too much trouble I would like to be introduced to our fine scaly friends over here, lest they think they are only beasts of burden."

Zerth

First Post
At Obar's:

*Tiana gives a mischievous smile back to Doran.*

In a bitter voice: "Oh, really? Good to know we have a gentleman, who's willing to carry my backpack."

-----------------------------------------

Outside:

*Tiana just waves to Jalaro as a greeting and hurries to marvel the big lizards.*

"Wow. These are impressive. Are they friendly?," she asks really not waiting for an answer and goes to pat one of the big beasts. "Hi there, you are a big one, aren't you."

Remove ads