Of Mitrovich & 'Friends'

lostdreamer

First Post
Talia reacted to Jehan’s rebuttal with little more than half a shrug. “You may be right at that, but there shall be time enough for the finding out, surely?”

The black haired gypsy watched the creature out of the corner of the eye, but his gaze was settled on the ground no more. The sparkle returned, the intelligence behind the brown eyes returned once more. He shrugged slightly.
“Truth be told, I wish it could have ended better. That I do. An I told you as much, an you did not listen. What now? Now it’s done, and you are still looking for the happy ending.” He bent down, and picked up a stone in his tanned hands.
“There isn’t one. Deanna will have to go home, it is in way too much of a mess for her to leave it. Besides, her family will want answers. My brother is gone, fell under a tide of demons. He is gone because he wouldn’t listen when I told him to stay home. But you all yet live. And so I will count this amongst our victories, for it as close as we will get.”

Oransay wandered towards the stranger, eyeing him carefully and sniffing the air around him. Indeed, she seemed to pay considerably more attention to this newcomer than she did to her former master.

“Talon, I thank you for all you have done. how do you wish to be paid?”

MistyThorin

First Post
Katya manages a smile, with only a shadow of hurt in her eyes. "I'm a bard. It's my job to look for the happy ending. And if this one isn't quite the one I'd hoped for, well, you seem to have done all right, being reunited with your wife after three years. So I suppose I can't be entirely too unhappy now, can I?"

. o O ( Well, I can, but that's besides the point, isn't it? )

She pauses, looking at the mirror she holds. "If Talia scryed with no luck, I doubt I'll do better. I'm sure she knows Cat better than I do." She carefully shoves the mirror back into her haversack. "Still, let's not assume he's lost for good until we find a body. Maybe we can get another happy ending out of this, and find him."

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Talon regards Jehan coolly. "Nothing is as cut and dry as simply following a suggestion to stay home. All who followed you had their reasons to do so." Her tone is as cold as her gaze. "Keep your pay. This is not ended. I will find Cat, if he yet lives." She turns, and sets about gathering up the remains of her tent.

Yelena watches her father and Talon, her brow furrowing. "You're leaving then?" She looks at both Talon and Katya.

Determination

First Post
"mmm food, I'm Oops, a powerful magic user," Oops falls to the food dished out with a vengance, making slurping sounds as he licks his filthy fingers after each scoop.

Last edited:

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Talon nods to Yelena's question and continues the task of breaking camp. "Anyone who wishes food, eat now."
She looks at Oops as he introduces himself, and quirks a brow.

Yelena looks at Oops as well, "I've never seen a magic user quite like you."

MistyThorin

First Post
Katya looks to Yelena with a bit of a shrug. "I don't see that I have much choice now, do I? I mean, you know why I was along. There's no longer a place for me here. Better I go with Talon and try to find Panuel... let your family get reacquainted. At least I'll be doing you some good, if we find the Cat for you, right, Yelena?"

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Yelena looks from the odd creature to Katya as she speaks. She nods, "I understand. Be careful, though. There's a lot of danger."

Talon smirks, finishing with the tent, "There's danger everywhere, kid." She sets about dousing the fire.

Yelena watches the big woman. "Why are you going after Uncle? You were hired to accompany us, and aren't even accepting pay."

Talon looks evenly at Yelena, "I've been fighting since I was younger than you, and there's a lesson I've learned. Noone is left behind." She smiles, an actual touch of gentleness in her eyes, "Don't worry, that includes Katya. I'll bring both of them back."
. o O (Though, what she'll do once her promise is fulfilled, that remains to be seen.)

Yelena nods and reaches up to untie her scarf. This, she hands to Katya. "When you've found him, you'll need to find us, right?"

MistyThorin

First Post
Katya smiles, tucking the scarf into a pocket of her haversack. "I will, and thank you. That's good thinking, giving me something to find you by."

Remove ads