Of Vile Darkness

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

[Ralam casts Spring Sheath on his Assassin's Dagger before entering.]

*Twisting the dagger before pulling it out Ralam scans the situation looking for Haldor. If he has not reached the door Ralam throws his Dagger of Venom [+14] at him in an attempt to stop him. Otherwise, if the guards ignore him, he will tidy up the captain; cleaning up the blood and using Death Grimace to leave his mark under the captain's clothing so it isn't immediately visible. If the guards attack him he will use Dread Lord's Touch [+11/+6] to defend himself.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

Loviana smiles at the kind women and her even kinder words, “Nice to meet you Miriam. My name is Larissa, Larissa Kowal. Tough to be honest I’m not sure of the last time I needed a last name.” She smiles at her own joke before glancing at Lady Felsadora, “I hope your right Miriam but I think she honestly hates me but she couldn’t be more wrong about me.” She grins with perfect teeth as she points to the dirt and bodily fluids that have spilt all over her clothing as it to confirm her words, “I know my place and it isn’t as a noble. Speaking of which I have work to do.”

Loviana takes her own advice and quickly occupies herself with her new job. She would rather not socialize as the less the others know about her the better but one must have friends. Loviana reflected upon Miriam’s attitude and realized that her motherly kindness was indeed a good choice as it would make her less likely to suspect Loviana if things went bad.

Loviana was also quite use to the Lady Felsadora type of women that where either jealous of her beauty or saw her as a competitive when it came to the affairs of the heart. Loviana suspected the former in this case but she hardly gave it a second thought as she contemplated making the good lady suffer a thousand times worse when this mission was over.

Loviana trough herself into her work not having to worry about diseases due to Loviatar’s blessing nor having to worry about hurting the suffering do to her very nature but she doesn’t hurt anyone as it would look bad.

Loviana is shocked when Orshallan visits on her first day but she quickly decides it’s a sign of Loviatar’s blessing and she quickly finds herself helping him as she replies to Lady Felsadora's less than friendly warning, “Yes milady.”

As there eyes lock she can’t help but congratulate herself in the deep vile recess of her mind. A small smile of success crosses her face but is cloaked by the kind words of encouragement she offers the young boy as she tucks him in, “It’s okay. The pain will end I promises. His High Righteousness is here to help you now.”

Knowing that she is being watched Loviana turns keeping her eyes downcast as she walks away, Let yourself be the prey and he’ll never realize that he is the prey.

She turns responding to Orshallan’s command and she raises her eyes studying his reaction quickly before she drops her eyes meekly to the floor. She gives a curtsy as she replies, “I know who you are my High Righteousness.”

She pauses in her speak hoping that Orshallan will believe that he mesmerizes her, “Actually today is my first day my High Righteousness.” She frowns giving a anxious look, “I hope I didn’t do anything wrong, did I?”

She looks worried and shifts her eyes from Orshallan to the floor waiting for his replying knowing that she never answered his real question.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
She pauses in her speak hoping that Orshallan will believe that he mesmerizes her, “Actually today is my first day my High Righteousness.” She frowns giving a anxious look, “I hope I didn’t do anything wrong, did I?”

She looks worried and shifts her eyes from Orshallan to the floor waiting for his replying knowing that she never answered his real question.
"No, you did very well," Orshallan says with a small smile. He's really quite a handsome man, particularly when he smiles. "You seems very comfortable here for one so new. I'm sure you'll do great things here. Now, what may I call you, so that I am not reduced to calling you simply 'miss.'"

[OOC: Rybaer, the mages and other riot controllers already left, so you're left, for the time being, just with the two guards. I assume you attack one of them.]

*Torr leaps on the running guard, determined to bring him down before he can do something as stupid as bring help. Your claws latch into his armor and your rake at him with everything you have, as well as trying to sink your teeth into his throat. You shread through places in his armor, drawing blood and creating gaping wounds. The other guard looks at you in horror, drawing his sword.*

"Help!" he cries, as he lunges at you. "Weretiger, help!"

*You can hardly dodge entwined as you are in the guard's partner. The sword slashes along your ribs, drawing only a bit of blood. The guard looks pale but determined. His sword, you see, is not silver.*

*Ralam, the guards are otherwise occupied by Torr, and you turn to the captain, who is gasping his last. Leaning over him to finish the job, the dying man finds enough strength to clap his calloused hand over your face. You were so certain he was dying that you missed his sudden movement. He showed surprising speed for a dead man. You feel a sudden, exquisitely painful shock run through you, then his hand drops to the ground. A pool of blood seeps from the man, and you can tell that whatever he did cost him his last bit of strength. He's decidedly dead now. You leave your calling card on his side, in a place not too obvious.*

*Outside you hear the sounds of a struggle as well as a shout.*

[OOC: Torr takes 14 points of damage. Ralam, take 12 points of damage.]

*Aekir, your questions are answered mostly by Ssessarina.*

“Extraplanar creatures are hard targets, particularly ones that come and go as they choose. What information do we have on them?”
"We know they are drawn by the poor and downtroden that are in distress. Obviously they do not respond to everything, and tend to come when there is more often a single victim and aggressor. There is a magical signature, but it is often muddled. We have some items that might allow us to track them, should we but encounter one face to face. Touch it to them and we would be able to track them.

"We've mostly seen them around the Hollow, but not in it yet. Never too near the Godswalk, and oftentimes close to the river. Often in the quarters of the inns and boarding houses, not often in the markets. Never among the noble's quarters.

"They appear as knights arrayed for a festival parade, in shining armor and plumed helmets, with glowing eyes. That is what we know so far. We've had some plans of instigating a favorable incident in an appropriate area in order to attempt to use the magical tracking device."

"Or me. Once I have their measure, they cannot hide from me," The Ghost whispers from his corner. Ssessarina nods in agreement.

“Will we be working as a team or individuals?”
"Both. There will be some individual asignments of observing and watching, and some actions that will require two or more. We will be in communication daily."

“Who is in charge?”
"The Butterfly is in charge, though I have been appointed the second in command. All my orders come from him."

“What kind of recompense should I expect?”
"Substantial. Anything you need to get the job done, plus another twelve thousand at minimum, possibly bonuses," Ssessarina says with a thin-lipped smile.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

*Loviana smiles shyly and looks around almost lost and unsure how to except Orshallan praises over her actions tough in reality she keeps attentive to his every word and action. Loviana refocus on Orshallan just in time for him to ask her name again.*

Loviana blushes and looks to the ground, “I’m sorry High Righteousness that was very daft of me. My name is Larissa.” She keeps her head low but raises her blue eyes as if curious to see his reaction, “Thank you for your kind words though honestly I feel like a sore thumb here right now but I do hope to do great things here."

Wrahn

First Post
*Aekir remains silent for a moment, contemplating the answers. Seeming to come to a conclusion he speaks.*

"Very well, we have a plan then. What is my part?"

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Cursing, Ralam shakes off the last bit of the captain's attack and kicks the corpse. He spends a few seconds calming down and turns to examine the fight outside the office, looking for an opportunity to make a surprise attack with Dread Lord's Touch.*

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormrider - human weretiger/rogue/fighter

*Torr's teeth and claws sink satisfyingly through gaps and creases in the guard's armor. Once the guard stops struggling, he will turn his attention back to the other.*

"Delicious!" his symbiont whispers. "The terror of the dying. More, more!"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Larissa, I can tell you will do well here. Lady Felsadora doesn't give praise lightly, nor does she allow those she thinks are not truly concerned aid me. The Lady may not be the softest woman, but she is fair, and I trust her judgement," Orshallan says with a small smile. He takes your hand briefly, bowing over it in a gesture of courtly farewell before moving to take his leave.

*Aekir, Ssessarina walks over until she's just short of attack range.*

"You and I will be working together. I have one of the devices, and have marked several people for possible situations. The Ghost will be working with Melody, and Cedric will be working alone. There's an advance payment if you need it," she says quietly, gazing at you intently.

"There's a man that works at one of the charity houses, an innkeeper, and two 'virtuous' bar wenches that seem ripes for the kinds of quarrels the knights seem to intervene in. What ideas do you have?"

*Aekir, you hear a soft click from behind you and realize that Wode has taken its leave. The Ghost goes over to talk to Melody, while Cedric moves to talk with the black-haired halfling.*

~~~~~

*Torr, you continue to sink your teeth into the guard's throat, and are finally rewarded by a gush of life's blood as the terrified man gasps his last. The other guard tries to drive his sword into you, too scared to scream. However, you do seem to have drawn some attention. Three more guardsmen round the door, all human, and all quite startled. One pulls out a crossbow and loads it while the other two unsheath their swords and charge you.*

"Stop! Stop at once!" one of them cries.

*Ralam, you judge your time to strike and drive Dread Lord's Touch into the back of the first guardsman, and precisely strike and pierce his heart. He falls dead, though not after he's given Torr another shallow wound. The other two guardsmen, seeing their comrade fall, continue to move foreward, calling for help. However, you know that there's less than a dozen guards in here currently, and several of those are in farther rooms than the ones these must have come from.*

Wrahn

First Post
"Wait. Watch. Learn. Act when we have enough information." Aekir watches her, his dark eyes seemingly consuming the light, "If we do not have the time, then I suggest we hire someone to cause a problem and try to use the tracking device on those that come."

He watches them all, knowing there is no such thing as trust in this line of work.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Loviana’s face flushes with embarrassment over the kind words of Orshallan, “My High Righteousness, I’ll do my best to live up to your high expectation and to Lady Felsadora’s kind words of praise.”

Loviana does her best to look awkward and inexperienced with courtly gestures and she whispers softly in a shocked tone, “Good bye, High Righteousness.”

She watches him leave for only a second wondering how many days it would be before he came back for more. A groan of pain sends her scrambling for its source and she us left uncertain rather or not he looked back in on her.

Last edited:

Remove ads