• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Zerith

First Post
Oh, Oh.... oh.
[/end red letter media joke]

hmm, oh well then, also, how much leeway will I have in depicting the gnoll language? I'm thinking of having it based on posturing a well as sounds and tones as opposed to 'proper' words. It would leave gnoll, by in large, a very simple and basic language, but would make deception a lot harder for most at the same time. (One of the ways it would be simple, no real way to say red or green. Then again, who knows if gnoll’s can even see color? o_O; )

[FONT=&quot]Any ways, I'm basically just thinking of giving it a very primal manner, and by doing such it would be very clumsy to dictate more complicated concepts while at the same time conveying of more basic concepts readily (mainly I’m thinking Gnolls would emphasize body language over oratory.)

End rambling.[/FONT]

Spade

First Post
Okay, sorry about taking so long, but I posted - I was running around all yesterday/most of today.

Also, that's a nice picture! It has the messy kinda bedhead look to it, too. :)

Zerith

First Post
Ja, I've been in role plays with weeks between replys, and I still like things to move along :3.

And I would still like to know how much leeway I will have with expresing Gnoll.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Zerith, would you please stick to just one font (preferably the forum default)? Changing fonts between or during posts is a little troublesome for my already-bad eyes, and I do like the read what other people post.

And to respond to this:
HolyMan said:
I think you got the meat shield role in all this. :p
Funny how that's worked out, since Duskblades aren't meant to be meat shields. Ever. Or at least, about the same amount of time as a Ranger.
From what I've seen, they're really meant to be a versatile skirmisher. The light and medium armor and d8 HD means they tend to have a rough time with standing toe-to-toe. But their Channeling hits hurt like a lightning-charged freight train.

Anyways, once Malaroc hits a higher level, he better take that dubious honor! ;)
His class is more suited to being in the thick of things.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ern's summons will help keep a little of the slack off you. Now that they last longer than a single round...

Possibly... though a smarter opponent would focus on taking down someone who is permanent... Likely you, if the summons annoy them enough. ;)

Luckily, Jareth is built with Reach and Combat Reflexes, to take advantage of plenty of AoOs, plus Knock-Down to trip enemies on high damage rolls. He's a bit of my own Duskblade take on the classic Chain-Tripper build.

And against stronger stuff, he'll be channeling every spell he can think of into his attacks...

Remove ads