Off to War - canceled

jackslate45

First Post
With only a d4 hit dice, wizards are always going to be going down first if the party is smart. Even one round showed how dangerous one could be, as poor FtF got enervation to the face.

Edit: Other than Mage armor, what other buffs did the guy have on him?

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Are we looking at the same XP chart?? I have your character at over 800 (80% to lvl 2) And Megan Voss's at a little over 300 (30% to lvl 2)HM

Xp til July 31st:

Player XP
Dragonwriter 1,400
ghostcat 1,200
Fangor the Fierce 760
jackslate45 750
Zerith 275
Axel 325
Megan Voss 200
Herobizkit 225

The list is upthread in post 81, posted Aug 1. :)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Oh no you don't... aren't you the guy who said that it's best to have back up spell component pouches in case the DM tries to sunder them. LOL :p True evil if ever I heard it.

And I think you may be right as the group just tore through a LvL 10 Wizard and a chimera in 2 and 1/2 rounds flat.

HM (who is never going to be allowed to live down that hydra encounter - LOL)

The spell component pouches business is just prudent planning. I have actually not done that to any of my players (no critters with Improved Sunder/Disarm or willing to take the AoO).

And as jackslate said, Wizards always go down fast if they can get closed on. Hence the customary "casters in back" order. ;)

Xp til July 31st:

Player XP
Dragonwriter 1,400
ghostcat 1,200
Fangor the Fierce 760
jackslate45 750
Zerith 275
Axel 325
Megan Voss 200
Herobizkit 225

The list is upthread in post 81, posted Aug 1. :)

That's how much XP everyone received for July 16-31. Trinham and I wouldn't be 6th-level if we only had 1200 and 1400 XP respectively. ;)
Your total XP to date is in the first post of the RG and says you've got 830 XP.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
They are. In the spell description it says that they are not like gaining other negative levels (like from undead) and are regained 1 LvL ever hour/caster lvl (10 hours in this case).

Since it took the group about two days to get back to the river Mal should be in top shape.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
@ HB those are only your XP for two weeks. DW has it right totals are in the RG. I think the XP system one of the great things about this game - I am in others that level up at a snails pace (if at all).

Off to War group - "What's in the bags?"

Glad you asked, soon the ambassador (who I need to name but no one has asked so... :p) will be giving everyone some 'gifts' for their help in finding out what is going on.

I am hoping to get everyone close to their WBL (but not to it, some of you are over and don't know it yet). So is there anything you truly wish to have for your characters or something you hope to have later in the game.

Guess I am asking for early X-Mas wish lists and then we will see what is in Santa's bag. :D

HM

jackslate45

First Post
I only want 3 scrolls: Mount (25), Identify(125), and Rope Trick(150), and enough time to scribe a few of them (with 500 gp scribe's costs). And maybe some pearls to ID the magical items we have yet to ID.

I have a feeling that Ern will be quite happy once that rod is Identified. And I am sure Trinham wants to know what his sword is. It just that without having to Identify simply swinging the sword around may cause another curse (Poor Aver)

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
A few things come to mind on that magic items bit... Ring of Sustenance, Mithral Chain Shirt (magic optional), Gauntlets of Ogre Strength/Gloves of Dexterity, Amulet of Health, Headband of Intellect, Cloak of Resistance, Ring of Protection, Boots of Striding and Springing, Ring of Feather Falling... I think that list should give plenty of choices for now. :) They're roughly in the order of desire, first being most.

Yep, Ring of Sustenance is a favorite item. So very useful, and to any/every class.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal's gear is roughly 1700gp total. For Lvl 4, he should be around 5400gp in gear. Taking that into consideration, here is what I would like to see drop out of that bag... VESTER'S SEVERED HEAD!!

Ok, joking aside, I think he's in need of magical equipment and the only thing I can think of are gloves of dexterity. A ring of sustenance would be welcome as well, but I would gladly trade in the extra weapons for something of more use.

Remove ads