• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War - canceled

Deskjob

First Post
[MENTION=99953]Zerith[/MENTION]

Sure thing. Let's see if we can't help you out. Character creation is one of the most enjoyable parts of RP'ing.

1st, start with a concept you enjoy. Think of your favorite forms of hobbies and entertainment. Whether they be movies, books, woodworking, drawing, or maybe videogames? Write down what comes to mind.

2nd, pick a favorite. Sort them out and see what would work best for the campaign and for you. Now embody that idea into a single person. What do they look like? What do they wear? How do they carry themselves? Spend all that awesome brain power on imagining your character. Since your an artist you might try drawing them too.

3rd, pick an archetype for your character. Warrior, Thief, or Mage. This can become their classification during combat. Ex: Fighter Class, Rogue Class, or Wizard Class.

4th, build them. D&D gives us rules so we can actually 'build' these characters and bring them to life. Just follow the rules and create your character.

All done! Congrats! ...Now enjoy Roleplaying as this character in the Campaign. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Most players come to learn these steps by heart and use them often. Since you seemed to be having trouble I thought it would be a good review. Even if you have already been exposed to these easy concepts before.

You can PM either me or HolyMan if you need more help! Best wishes! :D

Zerith

First Post
The guy talking about making a shape-shifter a year or so ago? that was me, totally me:lol:
But yes, since were looks popular should we go with:
natural: At peace with itself but not exactly normal while in human form (acts a 'little off")
or
Afflicted: Conflicted with and confused as to how to deal with its new nature.

Some Natural RP notes:
-The character dos not have any baggage inherent from being a were beyond, possibly, keeping it nature a secret.
-inherently causes as much drama as it's given or happenchance causes; they character produces no signs of inner struggle (as there are none).
-possible drama from the ability to make new weres (or spice up villains)

Some (initial) Afflicted RP notes:
-the character is in a perpetual stat of strife (at least until such time it comes to peace with its condition) and unintentionally draws undo focus to itself while attempting to avoid things that might set itself off.
-self-doubting, unsure of itself and could become unduly timid do to it.
-might go/attempt to go through some ordeal to get ‘cured’

As such I’m inclined to go with the natural as things stand, even if it has a higher LA and it flat out loses a feat when compared to an afflicted one…
(with an average 3 HD animal form, naturals give one bonus feat[iron will] while afflicted generally gives out 2 and cost one LA less, if taken at the right time, lower HD weres can easily pull out 2 and 3 bonus feats respectively)

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hey there HM. Thanks for the spell selection. No need to get 9ths, Lora is not a scholar, she needs practical use within a reasonable timeframe.

Can I choose the spells next week, and begin from there?

Also, do you have the Spell Compendium or do I need to give you descriptions of non-SRD spells?

Also, can you point me to the appropriate thread to RP in?

Zerith

First Post
[FONT=&quot]@M&L
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/258495-off-war-ic-35.html
;)

@ General
LA
1: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]lycanthropic empathy, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Alternate form +2 natural armor.
2: +2 Wisdom, Damage reduction 5/silver, Iron will
3: Curse of lycanthropy, Damage reduction 10/silver

is what what I cam up for LA advancement, and I'm pondering coming in at 3/3 animal HD only and being effectively locked into the character's animal form [/FONT][FONT=&quot] initially [/FONT][FONT=&quot](if I end up going with an a natural were)
Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Addon:
@HM
Do you have the sum of xp I've gotten up til now handy or should I dig through the thread? :3
[/FONT]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ML I have the Spell Compendium no problem there.

Zerith:

Your XP total can be found here

All you need to do is make a character given the guidelines under character generation - here and in your background decide if you are a natural or an afflicted lycanthrope, I will do the rest. ;)

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Things seem sluggish both here and in the IC.

Even if I don't count this weekend (which weekends are hardly ever counted) both the RP and discussion posts are low. Will give everyone this week to see about getting their feet under them before I take and move things along.

HM

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Things seem sluggish both here and in the IC.

Even if I don't count this weekend (which weekends are hardly ever counted) both the RP and discussion posts are low. Will give everyone this week to see about getting their feet under them before I take and move things along.

HM

I agree. I keep being tempted to post again but I don't want to over-do it. :p

Myth and Legend

First Post
Only wizard needed is Skazul. His study is full of spells and incantations. The only thing that Lora had to worry about was time and money.

In the study you may find any spell you wish of any level. I put the cluttered mess in there just for that purpose. Now you need to decide what spells Lora would go looking for, as I will forgo the "fee" as you are under your WBL anyway.

But time is the key here. It has been a couple weeks but I don't think Vance would allow here to stay cooped up in the library the whole time, and I'm sure a day of riding or relaxing at the inn would help to clear Lora's head.

You can copy one spell a day after studying it (forgoing the spellcraft check since Skazul will be on hand), let's say Lora had 13 days to gain 13 new spells of any level. Just remember that your spellbook can only hold so many in case you want a bunch of 9th level spells. ;)

Also I have read the new feats and are ok with them.

HM

A blank spellbook with 100 pages costs only 15 gp. from the store. I'm sure Skazul has some lying around :) I will calculate how many pages I need for all my spells and tell you which spellbook holds which, and where Lora keeps them.

Chosen spells:

[sblock]

Level 1: 1 page

Nerveskitter (SpC) = 1

Level 2: = 6 pages

Chain of Eyes (SpC), Detect Thoughts, Invisibility

Level 3: = 15 pages

Slow, Dispel Magic, Sleet Storm, Great Thunderclap (SpC), Unluck (SpC)

Level 4:
= 16 pages

Celerity, Assay Spell Resistance (SpC), Black Tentacles, Dimension Door [/sblock]

38 pages taken up for new spells, 30 for existing spells 1-3, 28 for existing cantrips (all cantrips from PHB and SC, if there are more, I'll add them)

Total pages used 96/100

Lora definitely needs a new, blank spellbook.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks for keeping the IC bumped Sugar_Silk.

Great ML I will handle that for you then IC wise. So don't worry you'll have a new one, to add to as you adventure.

HM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads