• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War - canceled

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] I've posted Trinham's level 7 changed in the RG.

[MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION] Hope your dads OK.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, here's the mostly-complete level-up for Jareth.

[sblock=Jareth Level 7 Changes]
HP increase in attached die roll. (d8+2). X
BAB increases to +7/+2.
Learn 1 spell (of 2nd-level, Bull’s Strength) and gain 2 extra 2nd-level spell slots.
Gain Armored Mage (Medium), trade for …
Gain 8 skill points (2 base +2 house rule +3 INT +1 human): Concentration +1 (total 12), Jump +1 (total 11), Knowledge (arcana) +1 (total 13), Ride +1 (total 12), Sense Motive +1 (total 10), Spellcraft +1 (total 17), Swim +1 (total +9), Tumble +1 (total 14)
[/sblock]

I did track down the feats we mentioned before...

[sblock=Feat Possibilities]
Core:
The save –boosting feats (Great Fort, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes).
Improved Initiative.

There are non-Core. One is in the Psionics section of the SRD, but is not a Psionic feat. The others I can type up in full and send you the info.
Sidestep Charge (SRD/Expanded Psionics Handbook) - +4 Dodge AC against charges, foe who misses on a charge attack provokes AoO. Not a Fighter feat.
Dash (Complete Warrior) - +5 ft of speed when wearing light or no armor. Not a Fighter feat.
Touch Spell Specialization (Complete Arcane) - +2 damage bonus on Touch spells. Not a Fighter feat.
[/sblock]

But I also had the idea of maybe we could change it to grant a bonus on Fighting Defensively or using Combat Expertise, so it would serve more to the purpose of the original class feature. Maybe get INT mod as a bonus to AC when Fighting Defensively/Total Defense/Combat Expertise or something like that...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NP - I have been having troubles with Enworld lately.

- Things taking a long time to load. - Especially dice rolling.
- Getting a blank white screen when I try to open a thread in a new tab.
- Posts not going through - again it goes to an all white screen.

I have been fustrated for a few days now. Tonight so far isn't to bad so I will try and updated everything I can.

-HM

Axel

First Post
ENWorld seem to have changed the default board skin from black to white. That may be the cause of the "white noise" effect you're getting HM. Have to go through your profile settings and put it back to the "black" that people seem to set their IC speech to contrast with.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I set it back to black about 30 seconds after I got my sight back. :p

Was doing awful a moment ago and now I get all my links in new tabs - I'm in for a long night. :(

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I've posted Trinham's level 7 changed in the RG.

Good to go although your character sheet is out of date (in the skills area) It still says 20 ranks and 4/2 for max ranks. Also I don't see the wand Trinham got from Skazul anywhere.

Please use the first character post as your sheet and all changes and current equipment on it. And the LvL up post for notes, reminders and what not.

Okay, here's the mostly-complete level-up for Jareth.

I did track down the feats we mentioned before...

[sblock=Feat Possibilities]
Core:
The save –boosting feats (Great Fort, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes).
Improved Initiative.

There are non-Core. One is in the Psionics section of the SRD, but is not a Psionic feat. The others I can type up in full and send you the info.
Sidestep Charge (SRD/Expanded Psionics Handbook) - +4 Dodge AC against charges, foe who misses on a charge attack provokes AoO. Not a Fighter feat.
Dash (Complete Warrior) - +5 ft of speed when wearing light or no armor. Not a Fighter feat.
Touch Spell Specialization (Complete Arcane) - +2 damage bonus on Touch spells. Not a Fighter feat.
[/sblock]

But I also had the idea of maybe we could change it to grant a bonus on Fighting Defensively or using Combat Expertise, so it would serve more to the purpose of the original class feature. Maybe get INT mod as a bonus to AC when Fighting Defensively/Total Defense/Combat Expertise or something like that...

You need not keep it within the confines of the class. Remember what I said about you gaining magic missile if you wished. You character is human and not training with regular Bon'Dradi so his abilities are manifesting in unique ways. Your life experiences dictate what you learn and in this case I would lean towards Iron Will (DM hint that a certain mage has it out for your charater) as it will help long term against the Treylor, as you will come to see.

? :confused: ? Post in the wrong thread? NP if you did.

How do you want me to handle leveling? I want to take a level of Cloistered Cleric.

That is no problem but I hear you are looking for an RP for it. I would say that your cleric had been taught (and studied very hard) before going to Rem. But with Padre Gole around he didn't need to turn to what he was taught. Now out on his own he needs to remember his studies and do his teachers proud.

You can always do a flashback post about any knowledge skill you make a check for, reliving your school days.

Or you can have an old book full of notes on various subjects that you study. Perhaps it's an old journal of Padre Goles' and his adventures as a young cleric.

It is all up to you how you wish to go about it. But I don't believe you will have time to be "cloistered" up anytime soon. ;)

Sorry I got to all this so late it has taken me forever to update all my games. I waited 20 minutes for a roll to go through. (the whole time checking other threads when it would let me) - I hope they fix this soon it is maddening.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
You need not keep it within the confines of the class. Remember what I said about you gaining magic missile if you wished. You character is human and not training with regular Bon'Dradi so his abilities are manifesting in unique ways. Your life experiences dictate what you learn and in this case I would lean towards Iron Will (DM hint that a certain mage has it out for your charater) as it will help long term against the Treylor, as you will come to see.

I was thinking of keeping it in the spirit/style of the class feature itself - something moderately defensive in nature. If you're fine with trading it for Iron Will, then so am I. :)

I rather expect a little vendetta from Dellex. I didn't exactly endear myself to him. :p

Remove ads