Official 5e Classes?

jasper

Rotten DM
050 How to roll dice.
050 What are these strangely shaped dice.
100 Which end should of the weapon goes into the monster.
100 What is a spell caster.
200 What is a good build for a tank.
400. Lego or D4 what causes more damage when stepped on in the dark.
Remember games EnROLLment closes Nov 9th

jasper

Rotten DM
Are the classes in the PHB the only official classes by WotC or are there more beyond those?
Tortle Package lets you play a turtle
From Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes Lets you play. Page 61 Eladrin Elf subrace. Page 62 Sea Elf subrace. Page 81 Duergar dwarf subrace. Page 96 Githyanki or Githzerai race. Page 113 Deep Gnome.
VOL Volo’s Guide to Monsters lets you play some more races.
Sword coast adventure guide has some clasess.
Xanathar has some classes.

Tortle Package lets you play a turtle
From Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes Lets you play. Page 61 Eladrin Elf subrace. Page 62 Sea Elf subrace. Page 81 Duergar dwarf subrace. Page 96 Githyanki or Githzerai race. Page 113 Deep Gnome.
VOL Volo’s Guide to Monsters lets you play some more races.
Sword coast adventure guide has some clasess.
Xanathar has some classes.

Mordenkainen's also has the Shadar-kai elf subrace.

SCAG and Xanathar's have subclasses, but not new base classes.

Shiroiken

Legend
The only new classes that have been discussed are the Artificer for Eberron (which might be in the "official" DMsGuild product) and the Psion (or whatever they eventually call it). There was discussion of an alternate Ranger class, but that has been abandoned.

Personally, I like the change from bloating the game with classes to limiting them to sub-classes. Of course, bloat may still occur, but it's easier to keep track of what most characters can do if you keep them limited to about a dozen classes. YMMV.

Middle Finger of Vecna has new base classes. I'm playing their Witch class in a game right now and having a blast with it. They've also got an Investigator, Warmage, Shugenja, Alchemist, Binder, and Craftsman.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Middle Finger of Vecna has new base classes. I'm playing their Witch class in a game right now and having a blast with it. They've also got an Investigator, Warmage, Shugenja, Alchemist, Binder, and Craftsman.
Yea, I'm playing their Warmage right now, and I think it's fantastic.

CapnZapp

Legend
Subclasses are where the variety is to be found.
Of course, this subclass variety is relatively minor and only goes so far, with most subclasses merely shuffling around where you get advantage and new ribbon abilities.

The only real way to add true variety is to add new full classes, and I fully sympathize with the original poster's possible shock at hearing that no new classes have yet seen official publication a full five years after 5E release.

Remove ads