Official status of deliveries?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Hi,

Haven't seen an email. Can you confirm my order and email address? I just check my email information under "My Account", and that is correct.

Thx!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't sent it yet; I'm still waiting on a last piece of information which I expected to have last weekend. I know how many copies were returned; at the moment, I don't know which copies were returned. Basically, I need a list of order numbers from Lulu (they're a great company until you need to contact them directly to do something unusual or resolve an issue!), then match them up to the emial addresses I have.

It is coming (they're not refusing to provide the info, they're just being slow about it). And I really apologise for how long it's taking - I just have no power to speed it up. But this IS being fixed, I promise.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

That Lulu cannot provide a listing in all of two minutes is a worrisome sign.

Ironically, one of their corporate offices is in Raleigh, NC, not ten miles from where I live, and less than 25 miles from where I work.

I presume that the actual printing is done at a remote site (I'm guessing China).

Not to press the issue, but eventually, folks will ask for a refund if they don't receive their product.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

That Lulu cannot provide a listing in all of two minutes is a worrisome sign.

Ironically, one of their corporate offices is in Raleigh, NC, not ten miles from where I live, and less than 25 miles from where I work.

I presume that the actual printing is done at a remote site (I'm guessing China).

Not to press the issue, but eventually, folks will ask for a refund if they don't receive their product.

I think they have several printing locations.

And yeah, the refund issue is troubling, because Lulu won't give me a refund; I'd end up having to have the books shipped to me and try to sell them on eBay or something. But if that's what people want, I'll give it to them; the situation is hardly their fault and they purchased in good faith.

That said, I'm confident of a resolution imminently.

Gnorr

Explorer
WotBS HC arrived in Germany

Just as a brief heads up, I received my hardcover copy of WotBS last week. One of the cover corners was a bit mangled, and they cut the pages awfully close to the page numbers in the last part of the book, but everything is still readable. I'm quite happy, this is indeed an amazing work to behold :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just as a brief heads up, I received my hardcover copy of WotBS last week. One of the cover corners was a bit mangled, and they cut the pages awfully close to the page numbers in the last part of the book, but everything is still readable. I'm quite happy, this is indeed an amazing work to behold :)

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that some of the folks who haven't received theirs yet are doing so because I got the list from Lulu yesterday and the number of returned/undelivered copies was smaller than I'd feared!

Stormtower

First Post
Still haven't heard from anyone, and my copy hasn't arrived.

All purchasing/shipping info available upon request. Would still love to receive this soon; barring that, refund is rapidly becoming my preferred option.

Remove ads