• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK... that's just vulgar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolth

First Post
I just had to register because of this thread, because it gave me quite a laugh.

At first because I spent 10 minutes squinting at the replacement picture without realizing that it WAS a replacement picture; the urge to read just the first post is sometimes too strong...

Baffled, I read onwards, and then came upon the other link, clicked and...

"OAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Yes!" :p :D

(Oh, FYI, female 'ere, by the way, and while I am an outspoken personality when it comes to issues of females and roleplaying -- anyone familiar with me in rpg.net can testify -- I was howling my head off with gales of merry laughter.)

But while we're talking about suggestive pictures, what about this one?

A picture from "The Sinister Spire".

:D

I mean, my, that IS rather peculiar formation! (I'm still laughing merrily, no worries...)

Wormwood

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon said:
Wormwood, do you know who the artist is?

The 'controversial' image is by Steve Argyle (I think).

The Blackrazor image from White Plume Mountain (currently on the site) was done by Bill Willingham.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Rel said:
I'm disappointed. This was the first thing that I unequivocally liked about 4e!

That disappointment is largely assuaged however by the fact that the term "vajayjay" is catching on.
Once Oprah starts using a term, its acceptance into the OED is pretty much inevitable.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Once Oprah starts using a term, its acceptance into the OED is pretty much inevitable.

I'm on hold with her office right now. I'll let you know how it comes out.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
No, you know you all watch and love Grey's Anatomy.

Seriously though, I'm a little disappointed they took it down. It really wasn't that big a deal.

sckeener

First Post
Well...we now know what the interactive content is going to be....

Users complain and WotC changes the site.

If they are going to do things like this, I'd prefer a visible change log of the edits. I mean if two years from now they go back and do an errata on an issue of Dungeon, I'd like to know where the changes happened rather than them being invisible.

A change log would be nice, I agree. I don't know if many companies are in the habit of doing that, though. Is that something that is common practice?

Regarding WotC receiving complaints about the image, other this thread's title, I did not see a complaint about the vulgarity of the image in this thread. As best I can tell by having read everyone's responses in this thread, even those of us who see an unmentionable in the image have not posted claiming offense.

If they did receive a complaint or felt that the image toed the line and they'd rather not receive complaints, more power to them for making whatever change they deemed necessary. It's nice to see a company take customer opinion into account and, if they're in agreement or feel they'd rather not tango with a topic, be pro-active and self-edit. Folks complain a lot that WotC doesn't listen or doesn't respond to customer feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads