D&D 4E Old School 4E Character Sheet (Goldenrod) - Now with Power Cards.

Melkor

Explorer
I'd consider redoing the powers list or adding another powers index that sorts the powers based on action type (move, minor, standard, etc.). That is often more useful, or at least just very useful, than having them sorted by how often you can use the power.

Thanks!

Also a great idea. In my limited experience, I hardly use the actual character sheet for looking at powers, but maybe that would make it a much more useful reference along with power cards.

Riley

Legend
Very nice! Necromancer Games made something like this for 3e, and I used it regularly. I tried to make a 4e version myself, but lacked the skills.

Melkor

Explorer
Thanks for the feedback P1NBACK.

Admittedly, I went for 'mimicking' the current sheet, while combining it with the old school AD&D sheet look and feel more because of my limited play experience with 4E than based on my in-game use of a character sheet.

I have only played in two 4E games - the first fizzled after about 4 sessions of Shadowfell right after the new edition was released, and in the current game, our characters just hit second level.

That said, I wasn't attempting to revolutionize the character sheet, just make a sheet with the nostalgia of the AD&D version, and make a couple of things a bit easier to find for my friends and I.

Cheers.

I'm gonna be honest.

I like the "style" you have going; the whole "old school" look to it.

However, it's basically presented in the same way as the WotC sheet. I'm interested in seeing a new method for presentation altogether. I don't like the "checklist" boxes for Powers and Magic Items, etc...

Here's what I do like:

The shield for AC. Cool. I can quickly find this stat because it stands out.
The three boxes for Death Saving Throws. Good. In fact, the whole hit point box is pretty nice.

Other than that, it's pretty similar to the WotC sheet and while I'd use yours, it's not different enough for me to drop the auto-calculating CB sheet.

I like the look of the sheet and little things added, but I don't necessarily feel like this sheet is more useful at the table, or that the presentation is better.

I'd like to see you step outside the box and present the data in a way that's unique and more useful than WotC's sheet.

Storminator

First Post
I'm looking to move in this direction (attached).

I'm trying to get as much character sheet off my table as possible.

PS

Attachments

• pic789649_md.jpg
    pic789649_md.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 315

I love the concept, but I can't download the PDF, I am getting an error! (I'd email Morrus, but he's got more important things to do these days :D;):p)

Also, if you do some power cards (at-will, encounter, daily, item), your name will live in eternal glory

Old Gumphrey

First Post
The character builder sheets are absolutely terrible. Attrocious and almost unusable. Just plain ugly.

Not to say character builder is to blame, "official" character sheets have been terrible for years. I've been using a custom Word template since 3.x that I have evolved for 4E (it's very much like a monster stat block). I like it quite a bit and use it whenever I get to play. I strongly suggest my players use it too

Can we see your sheet too?

Melkor

Explorer
I love the concept, but I can't download the PDF, I am getting an error! (I'd email Morrus, but he's got more important things to do these days :D;):p)

Try again Amphimir. I just tested the download, and it worked fine for me.

Also, if you do some power cards (at-will, encounter, daily, item), your name will live in eternal glory

I am going to start on that today actually. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Link worked for me, also. You did the whole "right-click, save as" thing? I've seen some peoplehave problems trying to open PDFs in their browser directly.

I have the pdf now, I was getting a server error up to a few minutes ago...

Probably some electrons hiccup-ed

Let me say again, this sheet is awesome and I'll use it in my next game with the old crowd

Remove ads