Old-school dungeon crawl using 5e playtest rules

Leif

Adventurer
Friends, you have my apologies. I won't make excuses. I'm sorry.

No worries, man. I know you didn't mean it that way. Online communication can be a brambly swamp!

Honestly I didn't read anything bad behind those posts... :)

And I agree that written communication (especially when sparse/intermittent, asynchronous and mixed with RPing) can lead to so many misunderstandings, it's just so much more difficult than face-to-face... let's keep this in mind.

Ooooh, sounds like I totally missed something juicy! Anyone care to enlighten? :devil: heh heh heh

Aww...alright, group hug everyone. C'mon, we didn't mean it to be 'You guys are doing everything wrong!!'

Now I feel bad for chastising y'all.

Wow. Much heaviness! ***Hugs all with great gusto!*** [Hey! Watch the hands, there!]

The air is clear.... LET'S RPG!!!!!

HOO-RAHH!!!

wedgeski

Adventurer
Just popping in to say Happy New Year to everyone, and that I'm looking forward to continuing Rejik's quest to do as much damage to as many pointless inanimate objects as possible!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
On the issue of healing spells and Warforged:

The spell descriptions for both Cure wounds and Healing Word (the spell Bartleby's got prepared right now) say they have no affect on undead and constructs.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
I don't think we've got any non-playtest Warforged rules yet, but the playtest says they are Living Constructs ('Even though you were constructed, you are a humanoid.')

But I might just be looking for loopholes here. How did you heal a Warforged in 3rd / 4th ed?

Ultimately I can use Second Wind so I can probably get by without Cure spells regardless.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I just don't know -- as I said IC, Bartleby will be pleased and surprised if it works. Just trying to play the scene.... :D

wedgeski

Adventurer
There weren't any restrictions in previous editions IIRC. To be honest, for balance reasons alone, you have to be able to heal a warforged normally unless it has its own unique healing system.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Look, I'm not fighting it. I am saying what's in the PHB. As someone who often likes to play different races, part of the appeal of doing so (for me) is to be playing with a more constrained frame -- including a different access to healing, conceivably. By choosing something outside of the norm, you choose the under-balanced options. YMMV.

I don't know Eberron or the dynamics of war forged in previous editions to know what's what here.

Remove ads