• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old School Roundup

Labyrinth Lord is going into retail distribution, and should start showing up in stores in November or December.

The Random Esoteric Creature Generator for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing Games and Their Modern Simulacra will soon be going into retail distribution, too.

The new Swords & Wizardry simulacrum/clone system you mentioned will have two versions: a "Core edition" and a "white box" version.

There will be a new magazine, named Knockspell, to support Swords & Wizardy. The first issue will include articles from TSR alumni Tim Kask and Steve Marsh.

Fight On! magazine will have a new issue coming out around mid-July or so. It's big ("...bumping up against lulu's 88 page limit for saddle stitched..."), and includes material from "...2 of the 6 living people with author credits on TSR editions of D&D, an award-winning designer from the indie community, a famous webcomic, the author of two renowned Judges' Guild products from back in the day, and many others." (from update on issue #2).

I'm jazzed about all the activity around traditional D&D and "old school" gaming, lately. There's more stuff I could dig up links for, but for now I'll just throw out the names and trust in Google:
  • the Mutant Future game (which rocks)
  • The Phoenix Barony setting for Labyrinth Lord
  • Brave Halfing Publishing's material for LL
  • Robert Conley's Wilderlands "Points of Light" material for Goodman Games
  • Adventure Games Publishing's Wilderlands material
  • GORE (largely compatible with RQ and CoC)
  • Sham's Grog 'n Blog (good blog)
  • The Holmes Companion (for expanding Holmes Basic)

Remove ads