• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

On being a Professional GM

Teflon Billy

Explorer
The Other Librarian said:
:lol::lol::lol:

I shouldn't laugh though. Fart jokes come up waay too often in my games. And that's just from the wife.

I could handle a fart joke, but this was just a constant barrage of

..."OK, you have the highest initative; what do you do?"

"I FART at him!" *cue gales of laughter*

And it wasn't just, like, one kid. It was the majority of the four different groups I ran.

Probably not a statistically signifigant sample group, but I'll stand by my statement...

Kids are idiots.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
...and don;t get me started on that Eminem kid...

"Fine, you want to name your guy Eminem, just write his name in the box there..."

"How do you do that"

"Do what?"

"Write his name"

"You can't spell Eminem"

"ummm....'M'...uh, 'N'....is there an 'I'?"

Pick another name :\

Master Gunns

First Post
Characters who used inner-city black/rapper slang (Me: "...The king enters the room, and acknoweldges your presence". Kenny: "Wassup G?")
King: "Guards... Take this impudent dog out to the stocks and flay the skin from him."

TBill, what would be willing to bet that their parents are idiots too?

Also, as soon as I win the Lotto, I'll be hiring a ProGM(TM) ;) It seems that I'll never be a player again in less I can find/hire a replacement. *sigh*

Sam

coyote6

Adventurer
I remember the original post looking for a GM. I actually just mentioned it to a friend last week.

The downside to being a professional GM is that anybody else that you game with that hears about it will probably expect you to be the Best GM EVAR. ;)

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
coyote6 said:
I remember the original post looking for a GM. I actually just mentioned it to a friend last week.

The downside to being a professional GM is that anybody else that you game with that hears about it will probably expect you to be the Best GM EVAR. ;)

Well I am not the best GM ever, but I am good enough that I stand behind my work. Like I said earlier, I was intimidated by the whole concept early on and it took some very good friends to encourage me. By the time they were done with me I was like "You know what? I am THAT good!"

But by no means the best. I am still learning, and will continue to learn until they pry my dice from my cold arthritic hands in the retirement home.

Which begs the question, has anyone run games for folk in retirement homes? My pals and I look forward to the day when we can game all day (altzheimer's permitting), and have young candy stripers cater to our every whim. Why deprive the "Greatest Generation" this pleasure?

'Course the experience may not be much better than Teflon Billy's.

gm: What do you want your character's name to be?
senior citizen: Dizzy Gillespie!!!
gm: fine, write it in the box.
ss: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

gm: You come face to face with the terrifying dragon. What do you do?
ss: I wet myself.
gm: Ha! No seriously what do you want to do?
ss: No, seriously, I just wet myself.

Katerek said:
But by no means the best. I am still learning, and will continue to learn until they pry my dice from my cold arthritic hands in the retirement home.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads