• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) One D&D Expert Classes Playtest Document Is Live

The One D&D Expert Class playest document is now available to download. You can access it by signing into your D&D Beyond account at the link below. It contains three classes -- bard, rogue, and ranger, along with three associated subclasses (College of Lore, Thief, and Hunter), plus a number of feats. https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/one-dnd

55F9D570-197E-46FC-A63F-9A10796DB17D.jpeg

The One D&D Expert Class playest document is now available to download. You can access it by signing into your D&D Beyond account at the link below. It contains three classes -- bard, rogue, and ranger, along with three associated subclasses (College of Lore, Thief, and Hunter), plus a number of feats.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
UA Character Origins. "[Halfling] Luck. When you roll a 1 on the d20 of a d20 Test, you can reroll the die, and you must use the new roll."

UA Expert Classes. "Whenever a player character rolls a 1 for a d20 Test, that character gains Heroic Inspiration."
But read the next sentence. “That 1 must be on the d20 used for the test’s total, not on a d20 that was rerolled or discarded.”

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Just going to throw out that the LevelUp monster book is actually incredibly good, and worth looking into. Generally if there's an official 5e version and a LevelUp version of a monster, I use the LevelUp version.
I'm not knocking 3PP stuff. I'd just rather not use it. Especially with monsters. The Blog of Holding did a great breakdown of the monster math in 5E, which, if I'm not mistaken, is what several of the 3PP use as the basis for their monsters...LevelUp included. He's since posted a breakdown of the monster math in Monsters of the Multiverse. Also, the second I saw the encounter design rules for the D&D Doctor Who game I switched to that and haven't looked back so I don't need bespoke monster stat blocks anymore. I just need the description and the lore. I have about 40 years of D&D and D&D-adjacent material to draw from for inspiration along with the length and breadth of fiction, myth, legend, and my own imagination.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh I'm sorry mr gatekeeper sir, should I spend half the thread arguing about Crawford instead of discussing the playtest package?

Mod Note:

This is only one example, but I'll use it.

Folks, using the playtest drops as an opportunity to be nasty to each other is not acceptable. People who cannot keep the discussion respectful are apt to find themselves booted from the thread, likely without warning.

TrainedMunkee

Explorer
So Rangers get the same number of spell slots as spell prepared? That keeps it simple. Taking a guess that Wizards will get more spells prepared than spell slots giving them greater flexibility. Guess they will get more slots than Rangers.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
So Rangers get the same number of spell slots as spell prepared? That keeps it simple. Taking a guess that Wizards will get more spells prepared than spell slots giving them greater flexibility. Guess they will get more slots than Rangers.
They might just be simplifying spells prepared all around. Much easier to have prepped spells equal spell slots. But that would cut down on the wizard's versatility a bit. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just casually trying to silence someone based on their join date. I see, I see, nudge nudge wink wink

Ah, my personal malice. And on first name basis with Jeremy, are we?

Mod Note:
There is still an off chance that you did not see my warning above.

Please read the warning above, and change your approach to discussion going forwards.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Two-Weapon Fighting / Light Weapons. I'm surprised they don't just give advantage on attacks and be done with it. So much simpler than a "bonus attack" that's not a "bonus action" etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads