• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online CB Import/Export Working

tentfox

Explorer
Scrapping my old post for new information. I made import and export work.

The steps, go to vecna.wizards.com, the Character Builder will load but the Silverlight application is a little different, it has a 2 tabs, one called CharacterBuilder and a second called Debug.

Load your character as normal in the CharacterBuilder tab.
Go to the Debug tab and click the CharacterFile expander.
Press refresh, and click in the text field. Soon it should be populated with xml text.
Select all of this text and Copy. Open notepad and then paste, save this file as a .dnd4e file.
Now in the character builder if you go to load and import you can successfully import this file, all the new elements like dark sun etc.

I can confirmed this worked for me.

Enjoy everyone!

Last edited:

tentfox

Explorer
It seems everything is freezing up when I try and load a character (pretty pissed with that to be honest), so it could be that this does work as an export/import work around and the character builder is just too broken to test it.

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
This makes me laugh in a good way.

"If you will not give us our exported characters....we shall take them!"

I wonder if you can load an "exported" character in this way into the original CB....I'd guess not, but I'd love to see someone try!

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
I have done it with an essentials Knight build. There are no internal programing to accept the essentials data (powers, feats, etc.) so it was basically a house ruled PC in almost its entirety.

I also tried pulling the same PC up into iPlayr4e with no luck.

I haven't tried a CB1 legal build in CB2 and export it out to a .dnd4e file with iplay4e.

My two coppers,

Remove ads