Online Sigil

Grimhelm

First Post
Okay, this thread is to put up your character or give us a taste of what to expect. You do not all have to be native to be Sigil either. If you are foreign, make up a little story about how you came to be there!

Grimhelm

First Post
I thought that was for something else... let's not pay. Surely there are free chat sites. For goodness' sake, we can use any old chat, can't we?

Fyrestryke

Explorer
mIRC works just fine out of the box and you dont' have to pay for it.

mIRC: Download mIRC

Check your email for the info. I sent the info to Mark to email out to everyone because I don't have ALL the email addresses. If you need help, write me back. =)

BobProbst

First Post
mIRC works just fine out of the box and you dont' have to pay for it.

mIRC: Download mIRC

Check your email for the info. I sent the info to Mark to email out to everyone because I don't have ALL the email addresses. If you need help, write me back. =)
When I install it says I have a 30 day trial with a $20 registration. Will it keep working after 30 days?

What's wrong with yahoo or aim or google or MSN or ICQ? Frankly, I'd prefer to use one of those and sign in through Meebo so I don't have to install anything.

Fyrestryke

Explorer
When I install it says I have a 30 day trial with a $20 registration. Will it keep working after 30 days?

What's wrong with yahoo or aim or google or MSN or ICQ? Frankly, I'd prefer to use one of those and sign in through Meebo so I don't have to install anything.

Yes, it will keep working.

Guys, I really don't care what we use. I'm just trying to be the one to facilitate something and it's not working. Someone needs to make a decision today so that people can load software on their computers and be ready for tomorrow.

I don't care what we use. I'd say a good majority of the players (and some that might want to play) have gmail accounts. So, if google has a voice client, maybe we should use that.

I'm with Jake in the fact that typing promotes role playing. However, if we have even one player that typing is not good for, then we should use voice chat. Pick one or pick something as to where we can all communicate even if we use different clients. I have no messengers on my machine, but I have accounts for them all. I don't care what we use. If we don't use skype or something else for voice conferencing, I can have a Ventrilo server setup for Friday.

Mark, I sent you another email. Check your spam folder at Yahoo. I sent it from chris at fyrestryke dot com.

BobProbst

First Post
Guys, I really don't care what we use. I'm just trying to be the one to facilitate something and it's not working. Someone needs to make a decision today so that people can load software on their computers and be ready for tomorrow.

You're right Chris, and I appreciate you being proactive in getting this coordinated.

I was a bit bothered by the $20 reg fee for mIRC (Even if mIRC allows you to keep using it after free the trial, I hate nag-ware) but now I'm 99% certain other clients will connect as well.

I've heard nothing but goodness about skype -- it's a free VoIP phone service with 25 person conferencing. You can even use it to call out to live phones (for a small per minute charge). There's no need for anyone to keep a server up and running -- you just need a headset and mic.

BTW, if you have IM accounts with multiple services, check out Meebo. It lets you connect to all the major IMs with only your browser. no software install required.

You can add my meebo account: bob.probst
or my yahoo: khrenikath

Edit:
I'll add that I like the idea of typing only too. My experience with conference calling is that with the lack of body language cues it can be more difficult to communicate and impossible to know when someone is trying to interject something.

Last edited:

Remove ads