Online Sigil

Fyrestryke

Explorer
I'll check out Meebo. Their site looks nice. They do jabber and ICQ too. And I don't have to load the crappy programs on my PC.

The problem with the IM clients (Aim, Yahoo, Google, ICQ) is that we can't all get in one room together unless they've changed that. So, we either need something that will allow us to voice all in one place (skype, ventrilo, teamspeak) or chat in one room (IRC).

Should we just move forward with IRC for this week, then decide after/during the game what to do for next time so we can all share our experiences in "real time"?

Mark, I don't know Charles yet nor do I have a way to contact him. Make sure he is OK with getting IRC going and if not, give him my number and have him call me after 8pm tonite.

Can we get a rolecall of who's playing and whether or not you're ready to rock tomorrow night? If not, I can help people tonite with whatever. =)

I'm playing. I'm ready to rock with IRC and can do anything else if we choose.

BobProbst

First Post
Let's move forward with IRC for tomorrow since I think everyone is mostly familiar with it.

I'll check out Meebo. Their site looks nice. They do jabber and ICQ too. And I don't have to load the crappy programs on my PC.

The problem with the IM clients (Aim, Yahoo, Google, ICQ) is that we can't all get in one room together unless they've changed that. So, we either need something that will allow us to voice all in one place (skype, ventrilo, teamspeak) or chat in one room (IRC).

IM has had private conferencing for years -- I just read that Yahoo killed theirs but MSN and AIM still have it.

Grimhelm

First Post
Agreed. I will get Charles on a group email list and send that around. I will try to download irc sometime tomorrow. We are a green light, so far as I know. I count Bob, Chris and myself as confirmed.

Remove ads