• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Only in America

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's something I noticed recently about US media and now can't unhear: the frequent insertion of the words "go ahead and" into the middle of sentences. For example, instead of "I'm going to pick up that cup" it's "I'm going to go ahead and pick up that cup"; or "could you open the door?" it's "could you go ahead and open the door?"

I started noticing it on US TV shows a month or two ago, and now I can't stop noticing it!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Here's something I noticed recently about US media and now can't unhear: the frequent insertion of the words "go ahead and" into the middle of sentences. For example, instead of "I'm going to pick up that cup" it's "I'm going to go ahead and pick up that cup"; or "could you open the door?" it's "could you go ahead and open the door?"

I started noticing it on US TV shows a month or two ago, and now I can't stop noticing it!

Idiomatic phrases will always go ahead and drive you nuts...

;)

frogimus

First Post
Americans do a lot of "tailgating", which is a big party in the parking lot before, after, and sometimes during sporting events like football, baseball, NASCAR races, etc. We grill food and drink from red disposable cups.

Americans do a lot of "tailgating", which is a big party in the parking lot before, after, and sometimes during sporting events like football, baseball, NASCAR races, etc. We grill food and drink from red disposable cups.
NASCAR is not a sport. It's a bunch of drunks watching other drunk continuously making left turns.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Bull fighting is rigged, turning in circles is not a sport and climbers would need to fight off people while climbing to get some respect.

better than watching two folks beat the crap out of each other just to boost an ego..school yard fights with official rules and getting paid for it....make them fight to the death!

Remove ads