• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Only in America

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Because it was St. Patrick's day, I took my Mom to dine on corned beef & cabbage with her Irish-American buddy, and this popped into my head:

Do they have cafeteria-style restaurants in other countries? I mean, I've been around, but all of a sudden, I realized I can't remember eating at a cafeteria on foreign soil, except on military bases.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Because it was St. Patrick's day, I took my Mom to dine on corned beef & cabbage with her Irish-American buddy, and this popped into my head:

Do they have cafeteria-style restaurants in other countries? I mean, I've been around, but all of a sudden, I realized I can't remember eating at a cafeteria on foreign soil, except on military bases.

Yup. Loads of them.

Hey, get off their sidewalk when they are driving!
It happened one time while I was walking in a parking lot. I'm going to need to learn to fly in order to avoid them. Then again, I might get run over by the police helicopters.

So, back on topic:
Is the police and doughnut association something that happens outside of the U.S.? I'm guessing there are other foo that take the place of doughnuts in other countries, but are cops in other countries associated with eating fattening foods?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It happened one time while I was walking in a parking lot. I'm going to need to learn to fly in order to avoid them. Then again, I might get run over by the police helicopters.

So, back on topic:
Is the police and doughnut association something that happens outside of the U.S.? I'm guessing there are other foo that take the place of doughnuts in other countries, but are cops in other countries associated with eating fattening foods?

Not here.

Hussar

Legend

Oh, sure. We have them here in Japan too.

Remove ads