Only in America

Dioltach

Legend
Is the police and doughnut association something that happens outside of the U.S.? I'm guessing there are other foo that take the place of doughnuts in other countries, but are cops in other countries associated with eating fattening foods?

No specific food that I can think of, but I used to live opposite a police station, and every day around 6 o'clock four of five police cars would dash out in various directions with their sirens wailing, and come back about 20 minutes later with different kinds of takeout.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
After reading quite a bit of Irvine Welsh, I'd have to associate UK cops with sausage rolls. They sure do seem to eat them a lot. Er, at least in his fiction. :p

Zander

Explorer
One of my regular D&D players works for the police as an administrator here in the UK and has family members who are police officers. I don't think there's an association between being a police officer and any kind of food in the UK, but I'll try to get the inside view and report back next week if there is.

nerfherder

Explorer
Do they have cafeteria-style restaurants in other countries? I mean, I've been around, but all of a sudden, I realized I can't remember eating at a cafeteria on foreign soil, except on military bases.
In the UK, yes - especially in large stores like M&S, Debenhams, or motorway service stations.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
"Everything is all 'DNA' now. CSI Cardiff: that's a show I'd watch. Scientific experiments to track the speed of a kabob."

--rough paraphrase from Torchwood Episode 1

One of my regular D&D players works for the police as an administrator here in the UK and has family members who are police officers. I don't think there's an association between being a police officer and any kind of food in the UK, but I'll try to get the inside view and report back next week if there is.
It seems both the UK and the US share cops using their vehicles to do things they shouldn't be doing.

Remove ads