• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC 3.5 Savage Tide

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ah, the glories of Binders. They can, somewhat literally, do anything and change on a day-to-day basis. Looks like I'll be going with Binder. ;)

Myth, can Incanatrix use the metamagic boosts on spell-trigger items, like staves, wands, scrolls and such?

Dragonwriter

First Post
Looking back over what others are planning, it would seem bedford is going to need a hand on the front-line. I gave some thought to the Anima Mage idea, but I don't want to step on WD's toes with another Sorcerer concept.

So, currently planning melee-focused Binder (Tome of Magic), with possibly a little dabbling in Crusader (Tome of Battle).

A little rules question for you Gandalf, just so I can decide a little better how I will handle the vestiges: If I use the Otiax Air Blast ability (melee touch, reach, 2d6 damage but no STR bonus on damage), can I use Power Attack with it? If I can't PA, can I use Combat Expertise?

If I go this route, I do plan on using Otiax for melee combat, but I can function if you say no on the Power Attack. It was just a thought for pumping damage up a bit, when I use Otiax (which, by the way, would not be an "always" thing, since I would like to change my vestiges every so often).

Currently, the plan for the Binder is using Otiax + Savnok for front-line heavy. I'm thinking a couple levels of Crusader for Thicket of Blades and some other tricks. I might also swap some Binder levels for the Knight of the Sacred Seal PrC, but I'm not sure on that, since it will take one of my vestige slots at all times (more or less).

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
If I go this route, I do plan on using Otiax for melee combat, but I can function if you say no on the Power Attack. It was just a thought for pumping damage up a bit, when I use Otiax (which, by the way, would not be an "always" thing, since I would like to change my vestiges every so often).

How I perceive the designers intent with no strength bonus, is that it is difficult to get as much power on a strike like that, thus removing PA as an option, but, I guess it might make sense, and if it doesn't say you can't!

EDIT: 88,000 GP is correct.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
88,500 to be correct as you did say max+500 in the OP :) Also, have you checked my sheet? Bar spells, some items and a backstory she is pretty much done.

Shayuri

First Post
Looks like i'm primary healer then...clerics are best for that, but I think I'm actually more inclined to do a druid, if that's okay with folks. I'll spec out for some enhanced healing feats just so I can pull that role more gooder.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I just wanted to point out to everyone that, if I understand it correctly, is ocean-based. Which means ships. Which means... PIRATES!

To the werebear: A were-ocean animal would be more thematic (and breathing underwater will likely be priceless), maybe a were-shark? ;)
Shayuri: Go Sea Druid, yo. (and shape-shifting to sea creatures ftw)

To the DM: Looks like you're gonna have your hands full with at least 7 players, and I want in too, which would make 8. *lol* Would you consider running two smaller groups?

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
By my expereince half of the originally enthusiastic players drop out in PbP games by the first month or two. I know nothing of this campaign and didn't want to spoil myself but is this ocean only? I hate ships and oceans :/

Not that Elistina will have trouble with her Phantom Steed/Fly spells, but still.

Shayuri

First Post
reading the summaries of the various adventures (and only those capsule summaries and marketing blurb, not anything from the actual adventure path), it appears to me that the campaign is NOT sea-oriented. Savage Tides refers to a cataclysm unleashed by a demon prince, not to a specific environment the adventure favors. :)

Remove ads