• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) (5E) The Village

tglassy

Adventurer
I've almost talked myself back into wizard. I almost switched to Bard, cause the character I want to play is more of a Bardish character, but I think Wizard will do fine, especially once we get past the yucky level 1. That shouldn't take long, shouldn't it?

So, a Wizard and a Warlock, brothers to the end! Or at least, until they no longer need each other...

The character I'm thinking is a rogue of sorts. He's based heavily on Jarlaxle of the Drizzt novels. Ambitious and highly clever, he cares little about "Good", "Evil", or the Law. It makes him more of a Chaotic Neutral, but possibly a Chaotic Evil type. What he does care about are his own profits. He wants power and influence, as much as they will allow him to get more profit. He's not the type to carelessly kill whoever he meets that gets in his way. He would rather make them into a friend and then use them later. There's a few people he genuinly cares for, including his brother, but you may never hear him say that.

As for being evil-ish, he would torture or maim if he had to, or even murder and not bat an eye, but only if he felt it would bring the greater profit. Usually, he'd prefer to manipulate an enemy into being a friend. So in that way, he's charming and seductive, and has an innate understanding of what makes people tick. Even when he does a particularly evil act, he doesn't get any enjoyment out of it, but he doesn't feel any remorse, either.

In a group such as this one, he'll do his best to help and not cause too much trouble. He understands safety in numbers, and that the group needs to trust him, so he would refrain from steeling or hitting people. He's not that kind of person. He would work hard to manipulate those who don't like him into liking him.

@JustinCase, what kind of character were you thinking? They can still be brothers, and if so I'd want to work out their relationship before starting.

tglassy

Adventurer
Me? Oh I be but a humble drow, misunderstood greatly by both my own kin and those of the world above. If you please, allow me a chance to prove myself, I know my spells may not be as amazing as those of the surface world, but I am sure I can make myself useful in some way.

Quickleaf

Legend
condescension of elves! lol love it, excellent collective.

Hey, since Willow is also a wood elf, how do you feel about a connection between our PCs? Whoever stole the Emerald Eye from his clan may have, deliberately or inadvertently, triggered the undead attacks on Willow's people. And since the theft happened on Quickleaf's "watch", he is at least in part to blame.

Me? Oh I be but a humble drow, misunderstood greatly by both my own kin and those of the world above. If you please, allow me a chance to prove myself, I know my spells may not be as amazing as those of the surface world, but I am sure I can make myself useful in some way.

I tried learning a bit of the drow language. "Misunderstanding" means "we killed each other's cousins with poisoned daggers to the eye" ? ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. So I'm torn now. My paladin would be dragonborn...the classic big, well-meaning, kinda-stupid guy who would take issue with evil drow but is a sucker for a redemption story so they can fake him out.

The tiefling would be a sorceror...a fire draconic sorceror (reflavored to be more infernal than draconic), who believes she is a tiefling due to a curse, and seeks to undo the curse. A more morally complex character, struggling with anger issues over cosmic unfairness and prejudice both genuine and perceived...who is trying to do right things, if perhaps for wrong reasons?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads