• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) (5E) The Village

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok, let's start cobbling this together... I'll be editing this post a number of times as I get the details in. :)

Lal Qalandar

Level 1 Barbarian (Hermit)
Human (variant)

Stat rolls (unmodified) : 4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 1, 6, 3] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 5, 1, 5] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 1, 4, 2] = 7
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 1, 2, 4] = 7
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 2, 6, 5] = 16
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 4, 5, 3] = 12

Erm... damn, that's a funky roll ... although the total modifier is +2 so this is a playable character... not sure what I'm going to do with that but I'll manage!

... so I can't be a "mystic" type character and have low wisdom, and I definitely can't dump str or con... well I guess I will have a bum knee (bad dex). Now do I want to be a simpleton or offensive? :/

I could also forego the spell feat to get better stats.

edit: Ok the basic sheet. Upon looking at the barbarian and my paltry starting equipment, I can't afford to dump dex so... well... :/

Human (standard) barbarian (hermit)

Str: 17
Dex 13
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 13
Cha 8

Skill proficiencies: Religion, Medecine, Perception, Athletics
Tools proficiencies: Herbalist kit

I'll wait for the Rogue Gallery Thread to fully flesh this out, I think this is enough to inform the other players and the GM. However, the following could matter:

Background:

Lal Qalandar is from a far away land, across the sea from the Sovereign Lands. Following disappointments in early life, Lal retreated from the day to day world and entered a long period of meditation and fasting, leaving everything behind, even his name (Lal Qalandar means "Ruby-colored wandering holy man" - a title after his red robes and lifestyle). One day, after receiving a sudden insight, Lal abandoned his meditations and started a life of wandering - sustaining himself through petty jobs, preaching, helping the less fortunate, protecting travelers from brigands and living on the road. He took upon himself the mantle of the Dervishe - the mendican wanderer.

On a sea voyage, a freak storm blew the ship he was on far away, and he and a few survivors reached the Sovereign Lands, to the astonishment of everyone. Lal Qalandar's lifestyle and teaching soon became problematic however, upseting some of the local clergy. When word came of troubles far north, he was sent as part of the "rescue" party as a way to get rid of him. Lal cheerfully accepted the order.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow, Wood Elf Druid

[SBLOCK=Background]
2zehzj8.jpg

Willow's stringy black hair hangs down over her ghostly white face, obscuring what most would call her best feature: her pale blue eyes. She is quite healthy, though those concerned may think she looks underweight, even for an elf. Her clothes are unkempt and often dusty from the road. A small snake appears at home wrapped around the crooked quarterstaff she holds in her wiry fingers.

Those who once knew Willow would say she was beautiful, vibrant, and full of life. She learned the ways of the druid while acting as a scout for the druid circle. At any time should cound be found travelling through the treetops, her raven hair flowing easily behind her, and the sparkle in her pale blue eyes a shining glimmer of hope that all is right in the world.

But those days are gone now, and Willow lives a lone drifter, unkempt and dusty from the road. Her once beautiful hair now hangs in a tangled mass, covering her gaunt face. Her eyes still shine the purest blue beneath the miserable creature she has become, but the sparkle of hope for which they were known has long since faded.

As a scout, she should have seen it. She should have been able to warn them, but the necromancer's magic was too strong, too vile. His hoards of undead stormed the grove, destroying everything--and everyone. Those few that survived fled, leaving the others to their fate. She will never forgive herself that she ran.

She returned to the grove some days later, her and a few others. Together they collected what was left of the fallen and destroyed the lingering undead, both old and newly created from the bodies of her friends and family. Ritual after ritual was performed, sending their orphaned souls home, and then Willow left without a word.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Willow (Wood Elf Druid 1)]
Name: Willow
Sex: Female
Race: Wood Elf
Class/Level: Druid 1
Alignment: Neutral
Faction: --
Size: Medium (4' 9", 97 lbs.)
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Elf)
Init: +3
Speed: 35ft
Senses:
Passive Perception: 15
Languages Common, Elf, Druidic, Sylvan

STATISTICS
Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 13 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 8 (-1)

[SBLOCK=DEFENSE]
AC: 16 (Leather, +3 Dex, +2 shield)
HP: 9 (1d8 +1 con)
Saves: Intelligence +3, Wisdon +5
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OFFENSE]
Melee: Quarterstaff +2 Attack, 1d6 Piercing
Melee: Quarterstaff (Shillelagh) +5 Attack, 1d6+3 Piercing
Spell Attack: +5 (WIS)
Spell Save DC: 13
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=SPELLS]
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Slots: 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
Slots Used: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
Spells Prepared: (4)
  • Cantrips: Shillelagh, Poison Spray
  • 1st Level: Cure Wounds (*), Entangle, Ice Knife (*), Healing Word (*)
(*) can be cast at higher levels
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=SKILLS]
1 Race, 2 Druid, 2 background; Proficient skills in bold
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+5 (dex) Acrobatics
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
+0 (str) Athletics
-1 (cha) Deception
+1 (int) History
+5 (wis) Insight
-1 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+5 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+5 (wis) Perception
-1 (cha) Performance
-1 (cha) Persuasion
+1 (int) Religion
+3 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+3 (dex) Stealth
+5 (wis) Survival
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=RACIAL FEATURES]
Keen Senses: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, magic cannot put you to sleep
Trance: do not sleep but meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day
Mask of the Wild: hide when lightly obscured by foilate, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, etc.
Languages: Common, Elf
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=BACKGROUND FEATURES]
Outlander
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: One type of musical instrument
Origin: Forester
Feature (Wanderer): You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, always recalling the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five others each day, provided that the land offers berries, small, game, water, and so forth.
Languages (one]: Sylvan

Traits: "I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear."
Traits: "I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching undead horde. I'd do it again if I had to."
Ideal: "Nature. The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization."
Bond: "I will bring terrible wrath downon t he evildoers who destroyed my homeland."
Flaw: "I hate to admit it and I will hate myself for it, but I'll run and preserve my own hide if the going gets tough."
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=CLASS FEATURES]
- Druidic: You know the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know Druidic automaticall spot such a message. Others can spot the message with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check, but can't decipher it without magic.
Proficiencies: Light & meduim armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal) club, dagger, dart, javelin, mace, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, sling, spear, Herbalism kit
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=EQUIPMENT]
Combat Gear:
Explorer's pack
Quarterstaff
Leather armor
Wooden Shield

Other Gear: Herbalism kit, Double-piped flute, Pet snake (non-combatant)

Carrying Capacity: 150 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 300 lbs
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=MONEY LOG]
Code:
Starting Gold: 10 gp
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]9[/COLOR]/9
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +3, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elf, Druidic, Sylvan
[B]Skills:[/B] Acrobatics +5, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +5, Survival +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 8 (-1)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4) 
[list]
[*]Cantrips: Shillelagh, Poison Spray
[*]1st Level: Cure Wounds (*), Entangle, Ice Knife (*), Healing Word (*)
[/list](*) can be cast at higher levels

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
This may help people still picking their characters:

Tglassy: some kind of drow wizard (necro?)
JustinCase: also a drow, archfey warlock (brothers?)
River Song: Cleric, cloistered scholar, knowledge domain, human
Shayuri: thiefling sorceror/barbarian/paladin (bavmorda?)
Ancalagon: "religious barbarian"
Charwoman Gene: Human fighter
Quickleaf: Elven Rogue
Industrygothica: Elven druid

I hope I didn't make any errors!

With a cleric and a druid, I think we have magical healing well covered.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe. 'Bavmorda' was a play on IG's character's name. Shan't be my character's name.

Hmm...what to make, what to make?

Kiraya, out of curiosity, how far/long do you see this running? Roughly.

River Song

Explorer
Still a work in progress but here are the bones:

Vintar Dardelion
Human / 1st-level Cleric (Knowledge) / N

BACKGROUND
Born into Meviiran, Vintar was a fat lazy child. He hated exertion and like to read so shirked as much as he could to get the time to study that he really craved. Despite the thrashings from his father he kept finding ways to get to the books in the church and spend hours studying history and anything else that came to mind. He eventually hatched his cunning plan of becoming an understudy to the drunken priest and writing his sermons for him and ensuring that his perpetual state of inebriation guaranteed the priest NEVER realised he had never agrees to take Vintar on. Life was great now for the young man, until his God called his bluff.

ROLE-PLAYING
Background: Cloistered Scholar
Alignment: Neutral
Personality Trait: I’m used to helping out those who aren’t as smart as I am, and patiently explain everything to others.
Bond: I work to preserve the church.
Ideal: Knowledge: The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge
Flaw: I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others

APPEARANCE
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: brown
Eyes: brown

STATS
Str 8 (-1)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 10 (+0)
Int 16 (+3)
Wis 18 (+4)
Cha 9 (-4)

HP 8
AC 16/18 (Scale 14 + dex 2 +shield 2)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +2

Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 16
Languages: Common, Elvish, Orc, Dwarvish, Celestial, Draconic

BACKGROUND: Cloistered Scholar
Feature – Library Access:

RACE: Human
+1 Dex, +1 Wis
Feat: Magic Initiate – Wizard
DC 13
Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp,
Level 1: Expeditious Retreat

CLASS: Cleric 1
Domain – Expertise in Arcana and History: Double proficiency bonus in expertise skills.
Domain – Two extra languages

PROFICIENCIES & SAVES
Armor: Light, Medium, Shield
Weapons: All Simple
Tools:
Saves: Wis +6, Cha +1

SKILLS
Arcana +7
History +7
Insight +6
Medicine +6
Nature +5
Perception +4
Religion +5

ATTACKS
Light XBow, +4, 1d8+2, range 80/320
Wizard Attack +5
Cleric Attack +6
Dagger, +4, 1d4+2, range 20/60

Cleric Spells
Cantrips: Spare the Dying, Light, Guidance
1st Level: Identify, Guiding Bolt, Command, Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Protection from Evil and Good
DC: 14

EQUIPMENT
Expolrers Pack
Scale Armour
Shield
Dagger
Light Crossbow with 20 bolts
Holy Symbol - Amulet
Pouch with 10 silver pieces

Remove ads