D&D 5E (OOC) (5E) The Village

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm thinking of putting my hat in split between Human Folk Hero Archer and Half-Orc Hermit Monk. Definitely villager.

Oh great and powerful DM may I reroll or use the default array?

Ability scores: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 4, 5, 2] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 1, 5, 3] = 9
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 5, 1, 3] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 3, 3, 6] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 1, 2, 4] = 7
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 2, 3, 2] = 7

Maybe go low int wis and dex and play the local strong guy who is thought of highly by the village but is an idiot.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION] I'd love to try your game, and I'd like to reimagine my very first namesake character that I started playing when I was 8 years old, if that's OK. "Quickleaf" (Eolais eth'Huran) is a smarmy wood elf prone to instigating bad trouble and good cheer (think ElfQuest elves, rather than Tolkien) who was sent away from his clan after a sacred totem was stolen due to his negligence. He is probably some combination of fighter, rogue, and ranger...probably starting ranger for this game.

Speaking of which, is the Revised Ranger acceptable to use?

If taking "undead" as a Favored Enemy, is there any language associated with the undead in your setting?

And most importantly, does my character concept fit your ideas for the game?

_: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 1, 2, 6] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 1, 6, 6] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 6, 2, 3] = 11
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 3, 1] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 4, 4, 6] = 16
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 2, 1, 1] = 8

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION], sounds great. :) I haven't had a chance to read through Unearthed Arcana material so I'd rather not include it...I want to keep things simple so I can get back in the swing of DMing PbPs.

If you want, we can give your character a connection to the Forbidden Barrows (your clan's ancestors may be buried there).

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION], sounds great. :) I haven't had a chance to read through Unearthed Arcana material so I'd rather not include it...I want to keep things simple so I can get back in the swing of DMing PbPs.
Understandable. The ranger revisions are better playtested than many of the "extra options" UA stuff, and were designed to fix several issues with the ranger. I think it does a pretty good job. I'll puzzle over which PHB class makes sense for him...I started Quickleaf as just an Elf in Basic, and then an elven fighter in AD&D, but his personality was always more roguish, and he came from a ranger tradition in his backstory. Definitely a sneaky archer type.

If you want, we can give your character a connection to the Forbidden Barrows (your clan's ancestors may be buried there).
Terrific. His clan is called the Shiasee and they hail from the Deep Wilds (a spooky forest); they are considered barbaric heathen elves by those in the civilized Sovereign Lands. The totem that was stolen had a link to ancestral spirits, so he has possibly faced angry undead spirits before (probably shadows or something level appropriate). So the quest to the Forbidden Barrows would be a personal one to appease ancestral spirits.

Which puts him in an unusual position: He's not a native of Meviiran (Meviiranian? Meviirani?) looking to make things right in their homeland. He's not a hired mercenary. He's not sent forth by the Sovereign. He's in this of his own choosing... and to crack drow jokes ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Kiraya, that's totally fine. I was more talking to myself, since my gut reaction was "NEW GAME, TRY MYSTIC IN IT" and I had to reset that mentality. :)

Might try something different this time. What's the story with dragonborn or tieflings in this setting?

River Song

Explorer
I like the sounds of this, I might go for a local maybe an acolyte of the priest being sent to help deal with this undead filth?

What god does he follow?

Standard starting equipment?

Remove ads