[OOC] A Game of Trust

dpdx

Explorer
doghead said:
There is some stuff in the background (why he is here basically) that has been left open. Do you want to see it. Its not particularly exciting but probably not something he would divulge to many (any?).
Not sure about background, but I think we'll definitely want a good idea of appearance when he meets the group IC.

Welcome to the game!

doghead

thotd
A heads up: I am going to be gone (again) from the 26th until the end of the year. I probably won't be able to check in during that time.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
DrZ: I was just popping by to make a "still looking for more people" remark -- so yes, definitely. I'll update the front-post with new totals shortly (they shouldn't be much different than they are now; the only difference is, I'll be rewarding some rp XP once the party goes to sleep)

The party just arrived at a station of Fharlangn... You'll want to read this little bit of background information on the area, and check the map... Just cut and paste to somewhere you can change the font (it contains some info the current players shouldn't know at this moment):

The station is on the outskirts of the Ashen Mountains, along the road that turns into the primary mountain pass for the area... The area's pretty uninhabited; it's used occasionally as a trade route, but most often it's travelled by people moving to and from the Free Cities and Bethel. There are a few Orc and Human tribes in the mountains, and while they'll sometimes make trouble for caravans, they usually steer clear of the mountain passage... Anyway, there are rooms at the station, which are free to travelers, so there are any number of reasons you could be staying there -- the weather's been pretty unpleasant lately, as well. There be dwarves in those mountains as well, but unless you're one of 'em, you probably wouldn't know much about them then rumor... They trade rarely with humans, and then primarily to a few privileged folk in the Free City of Eivanrach, on the other side of the mountains.

Hopefully that's enough info for you to come up with some reason for whatever character you feel like making to be there. You don't have to make use of that information, and in any case you're only obliged to tell as much about your character as your character wants told.

Anyway, now would be a good time to join up (as it's a logical place to meet an adventurer, and I'm not sure how long it'll be 'til they run into another of those.) Just introduce yourself once you have a character to introduce (you can wait a while on the sheet, if you don't have time to work it up; again, I don't ask to see character sheets, and players make their own rolls...)

Currently there's definitely room for one more player, and possibly two (I'm not sure if Mithreander's going to be back at this point.) Just hop right in whenever you're ready.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Oh cool - can I join up (I get the character tonight - probabaly Orbril the gnome. Master of the Grand Circus Maximus... and we're level 4?)

doghead

thotd
Hey Tonguez. From what I can remember when I did it. 4500XP/1000GP. Core PHB. Roll 4d6 and discard one. Post only what is apparent to others in the RG description.

Guilt Puppy mentioned updating the first post so it might change a little.

Remove ads