D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Shayuri

First Post
As far as I've seen, and has been ruled in other games, the Telepathy ability doesn't give any ability to read thoughts, nor give the target any ability to respond in kind. It's just projecting thoughts to another.

For two-way communication, the Message or Sending spells specifically note that the subject has the ability to reply.

Regarding the first question, insight vs deception.

You can disguise the voice using deception.

The target has to answer within its means, if it is not telepathic itself it can only communicate via other mediums.

I'm open to discussion on this, I'm just trying to go with where my intuition would think things would be.

Forged Fury

First Post
Thanks! I've always found that I find the humorous portrayal of evil to be a trove of potential hooks. Having Damien saddled with a largely ineffectual, megalomaniacal pit fiend patron was too good to pass up. Honestly, although Archandros will likely never show-up in person, I have in my head an amalgam of Tim Curry's greatest on-screen appearances: the look and majesty of The Lord of Darkness in Legend and the camp of Dr. Frank-n-Furter in Rocky Horror Picture Show, plus a little of the South Park Satan thrown in for good measure.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As far as I've seen, and has been ruled in other games, the Telepathy ability doesn't give any ability to read thoughts, nor give the target any ability to respond in kind. It's just projecting thoughts to another.

For two-way communication, the Message or Sending spells specifically note that the subject has the ability to reply.

Yeah, this interpretation makes sense when you compare it to the "Fey Presence" ability: it's like a weak version of friends. It's kinda like a weak but flavorful half-cantrip. "Dark One's Blessing" has a little more oomph, but fienlocks tend to get whacked more often, so it balances out.
Cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
I am going to assume everyone pays their tolls and boards the ships with no other comment if I don't see anything by the end of my workday.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I am going to assume everyone pays their tolls and boards the ships with no other comment if I don't see anything by the end of my workday.
So 5gp for four people is 1gp 2sp 5cp (Apparently we're tipping 25%)

I'd better hope you start rolling random encounters soon, something I can kill and loot.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer

I just posted to try to haggle. Rolled a natural 1 ;-) If pushed, Thaliss will only pay 1 gp, with no tip. He's actually not too eager to leave, there something fishy at the keep, and it ain't the barnacles!
Cheers,

SG

Forged Fury

First Post
I was thinking about partnering with Thaliss to try to steal one of the books, but that wouldn't be very lawful of me. I may try to bargain with the Captain to get one of these books. I'm rather interested in them.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I did say "hack and slash." I want to see how this goes.
Not sure how you wanted to do damage, so I threw it in with my attack roll. And then I crit. Not objecting to a 20 on my first attack roll of a game, but I can't go back and add the extra, so I figure you can roll that. Or shall we leave all damage up to you?

Remove ads