• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Creamsteak

Explorer
Knocked prone in this edition just halves your movement speed if you want to get up. So you can get up, still move half your speed, and take whatever action.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
More questions: does standing up trigger an attack of opportunity?
Does standing up consumes all his movement, or only half (or other)? Can he stand up, take a 5ft step back, and cast as a bonus action hex, and then eldrich blast with advantage (since he took a 5ft step back)?
I'm going through the player's handbook, but not finding all the answers.
Thanks!

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
The only attack of opportunity in this edition is for moving out of a creature's reach. So you can move... but if you move out of that bandit's reach he will get an attack against you. You can disengage as an action to move out without provoking.

On the other hand, if you stay in melee range of the bandit, your ranged attacks and spells that make attack rolls will be at disadvantage.

There is no 5 ft step action.

I'm still learning as I go myself here.

Forged Fury

First Post
^ Yup, that's all correct. I should have waited to post an action until Thaliss went. He could potentially kill the bandit.

P.S. [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] Is the bandit attacking Thaliss the one who failed his Faerie Fire save? (This maybe in the IC, but I didn't look, sorry).

Creamsteak

Explorer
I put little pin faerie fire markers on the targets.

Yes, you attacked the one with faerie fire on it.

I'll just update now and let shayuri react to the situation after your three actions.

Remove ads