• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Forged Fury

First Post
Steve: Remember that Hex has a Concentration requirement. Depending on whether that 2nd Tidal Wave actually happened or not, you may need to check to see if you maintained it. Hopefully a relatively easy roll.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Steve: Remember that Hex has a Concentration requirement. Depending on whether that 2nd Tidal Wave actually happened or not, you may need to check to see if you maintained it. Hopefully a relatively easy roll.

Oh, thanks for the reminder [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]!
At this point, I don't think it matters much, although I don' know how I could have rolled any lower on my 5d8 for sleep! ;-)
Thanks again and cheers,

SG

Forged Fury

First Post
Steve:
The DC equals 10 or half the damage you take,
whichever number is higher. If you take damage from
multiple sources, such as an arrow and a dragon’s
breath, you make a separate saving throw for each
source of damage.
I think the DC is just 10, so you maintained Hex. The DC doesn't go up until the damage you take is higher than 20 points.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think the DC is just 10, so you maintained Hex. The DC doesn't go up until the damage you take is higher than 20 points.
This is correct, it is OR. Additionally, per the PHB.

Page 7 said:
Round Down
Whenever you divide a number in the game, round down if you end up with a fraction, even if the fraction is one-half or greater.
So even if you took 21 damage, the DC is still 10. This one was of particular note to me for calculating resistance for barbarians. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Again, thanks for the clarification!
As for the sleep spell, I casted it because since the enemies have taken a lot of damage, it was a fair asumtion that I could knock one of them out with 5d8 hp affected (even with my ridiculous low roll).
I like this combat! Many things are coming together from me regarding 5e rules, and thanks a lot for all the feedback! I'm sure this will make the next one even more interesting ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Forged Fury

First Post
Combat teases out some of the more obscure rules, makes it fun!

Oh... it doesn't matter right now (since Tolan led with a Natural 20 and/or used Reckless Attack and Aridha didn't roll with Advantage), but I think Aridha needs to roll Concentration to see if she maintains the Faerie Fire on Sholar.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Combat teases out some of the more obscure rules, makes it fun!

Oh... it doesn't matter right now (since Tolan led with a Natural 20 and/or used Reckless Attack and Aridha didn't roll with Advantage), but I think Aridha needs to roll Concentration to see if she maintains the Faerie Fire on Sholar.

Yeah, I know it doesn't matter, but I still wanted my character to be relevant, and there's nothing that makes one more relevant than completely incapacitating a few enemies ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Shayuri

First Post
This encounter was fairly close to a worst case scenario for your character, being ambushed in a very close quarters situation with no ability to get out of single-move-to-melee range.

Your build seems to emphasize ranged attacks; your eldritch blast is freaking devastating. You'll be shining like a star when we can keep our formation clear and the ranks separated. :)

Remove ads