• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Forged Fury

First Post
Agree with [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]. Given what seems to be the primary feature of the Mastermind Rogue Sub-Class in the upcoming Sword Coast book is a ranged Help action, I'm not sure if a cantrip should replicate that, but up to Creamsteak.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thanks, both of you. I acted without checking the rules. You are of course right -- and the Master of tactics is completely relevant. Thanks, FF.

I won't push whether an improvised use of a cantrip can have that effect (since it is the specific effect of things like guiding lights or whatever). but I appreciate the gentle correction.

Hey [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION],

For your "distance help" I recommend using prestidigitation to harass the enemy (shower of sparks timed exactly when one attack is made against the foe, to distract them) & grant advantage to one of us. Probably not Dent since he's doing the pushing gambit and may already get advantage.
Just a thought...
Cheers,

SG
Agree with [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]. Given what seems to be the primary feature of the Mastermind Rogue Sub-Class in the upcoming Sword Coast book is a ranged Help action, I'm not sure if a cantrip should replicate that, but up to Creamsteak.

[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], just a quick note to let you know that I'm still enjoying the game, and Dent, and looking forward to continuing. Things have been slowish in a good many of the PbP games lately, and sometimes it's good for a DM to hear that people are still into the game. I am. Thanks for running it for us.

Also, I hope you're getting over being sick. No fun at all.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], just a quick note to let you know that I'm still enjoying the game, and Dent, and looking forward to continuing. Things have been slowish in a good many of the PbP games lately, and sometimes it's good for a DM to hear that people are still into the game. I am. Thanks for running it for us.

Also, I hope you're getting over being sick. No fun at all.

Ditto for me. I definitely enjoy this game! Thanks [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION]!
Cheers,

SG

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads