• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

So I had this fancy pants post all doctored up for the IC wherein Dent strode into the room and tried to Intimidate the duergar into divulging any information they know about the monastery and its prisoners, and then I remembered that Dent speaks only common, elvish, and orc. So, yeah. Might as well just proceed with the mass extermination since (none?) of us speak undercommon or dwarvish. :(

[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], Crawford's take on Shield Master (shove-then-attack to gain constant advantage) makes play feel cheap to me. Any chance we could find a happy medium between advantage being "on all the time" and "disbursed for special occasions?" If not, no problem, I'll self-regulate by having Dent attack then shove, saving the shove-first-then-attack mechanic for special and/or dire circumstances.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], Crawford's take on Shield Master (shove-then-attack to gain constant advantage) makes play feel cheap to me. Any chance we could find a happy medium between advantage being "on all the time" and "disbursed for special occasions?" If not, no problem, I'll self-regulate by having Dent attack then shove, saving the shove-first-then-attack mechanic for special and/or dire circumstances.

I hear you! This is why I haven't been using the minor illusion / eldrich blast spamming gambit very often. The constant advantage is strong, and picking opponents one by one while the other characters don't can be lame. I'll keep it in my back pocket for the time we'll get in a nasty situation...
Self control can be hard though! ;-)

Do keep in mind that you did use a feat for this, and it is very situational (melee only, not that effective against multiple opponents since your allies will be busy elsewhere...). Right now is like the perfect scenario for this feat (and the worst for eldrich blasts!).
Cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
Shove also incurs penalties on ranged attacks for some other players. I really don't see it as a major issue, but then again I am of the opinion you should be able to find some way to gain advantage on attacks quite often.

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], you asked in the IC if anyone needs a quick heal. Can't speak for the others, but I think Dent's good for now, thanks. He's at 33/44 hp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads