D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Creamsteak

Explorer
Reaction would count, but you can't cast a 1st level or higher spell both as actions and bonus actions in the same round, one has to be a cantrip, and cantrips don't really work with the wild sorcerer features. I'm not really interested in house ruling that particular bit.

Also while googling to get the text since I don't have it on hand this is hilarious: http://www.traykon.com/pdf/The_Net_Libram_of_Random_Magical_Effects.pdf

Sadly I think a 1/10000 chance of the nearest stellar body exploding would justify anyone and everyone hunting down all wild sorcerers.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Sadly I think a 1/10000 chance of the nearest stellar body exploding would justify anyone and everyone hunting down all wild sorcerers.

Depends on the logic hunting them down would mean they would end up casting spells, willing to risk it.

Still no closer to deciding on my character I fleshed them all out Anita more though.
Paladin(Protection) Folkhero stood up to a goblin horde that attacked his village, alone lawful stupid through and through.
Rogue(Thief)Crossed the thieves guild is now on the run, left his family in the guilds hand most likely to be killed to save his own hide.
Fighter(battle master, Dex sword n board) a man from far away from Ashwall who lives simply to become stronger than his rival figured descending into the depths would be a good way to get stronger
Bard(undecided) Hard to make a living spouting the same ballads again and again so he set off to find new tales.

Anyone like to weigh in?

Creamsteak

Explorer
There are not any goblin hordes necessarily in this setting. There are other countries and conflicts.

Ashwell is located in a spot that is kinda like rural England.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Wild sorc surges isn't house ruling, it explicitly needs an agreement with the dm. I played one that triggered only on 1 (not fun). I also play with one that triggers on 10- (good, if somewhat bland). That is why I suggested spell power dependant roll). I don't mind 1:10000, we can change those world killing ones. Or say that nearest stellar does not include our sun

Creamsteak

Explorer
I don't really think Wild Sorcerer is going to work out that well for this game. I'm not inherently against the subclass, but I don't really see it working too well here. Something simpler could be accomplished that is thematically similar without being mechanically as involved.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Nice, I like the concept, and you know, I'm a big fan of your games [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION]! ;-)

I'd be interested in starting off with an arcane academician type of character, that is drawn to this place to discover magics. My initial thought was to start off as a cleric of knowledge, and continue leveling as a wizard, as the character discovers how to tap unto newly found channels of arcane power.

I liked the idea of a gnome, an outlander that will turn many heads, and that comes to this town out of sheer singlemindedness. If gnome is too uncommon, I could always go human, but I like the idea of a character that looks like dungeonmaster for the old DND cartoons!
Cheers,

SG

Neurotic

No problem. I'm making lore bard then. I was thinking about lost magic as perfect source of surges. Thus the idea. I'll make a scholar interested in knowledge, but also in treasure - both good sources of income and prestige.

Azurewraith

Explorer
So that's 2 casters. Ill take a front liner then leaning towards the fighter don't need anymore long rest dependence. As for a trait or were they talents. I would like to see something akin to shield masters bash and sentinels sticky features.

Neurotic

Hmmm...artificer, scholar bard, scholar priest and rogue (or paladin). Seems we're a bit light on melee...I may rethink into plain old battlemaster or...monk? Will we have short rests?

Remove ads